𝟏𝟑 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑮𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒋𝒂

Gripping my spear tightly, I narrowed my eyes at the dark figure ahead of me. It didn't move, which left me the perfect chance to try out a new move I'd been working on.

Doing Spinjitzu, I dug my spear into the floor as the lilac tornado around me disappeared before I spun around the figure, encasing them in a custom made crystal prison of sorts.

Well, at least I knew it worked.

With a newfound light hitting the four of us, I shielded my eyes for a brief moment before quickly adjusting to it and moving my arm back down to my side.

"Good training. Your powers are getting stronger." Nya compliments, standing beside the light. "But where's Kai?"

"Maybe he fell asleep? It is pretty early." Like four am early. We were all a little tired, so it wouldn't have been a surprise if he'd crashed.

"But he said he'd meet us out here ten five minutes ago." Jay points out, confused as to where the hot-headed boy was.

"You think we should go look for him?" Cole asks, chiming in.

"It wouldn't hurt." Nya says, a tired sigh escapes her as the four of us go to look for Kai. Leaving her to do whatever she wants. Assuming he was still in our room or something.

Walking down the stairs, the four of us searched through the many different rooms connecting to the hallway. We search our room first, to check if I was right and he really had crashed. Though, he wasn't there.

Hearing a noise down the hall, Cole ushers us all to follow him. We were unsure of what, or who rather, the voice belonged to. But, the closer we got, the more familiar it was.

Opening a door, the four of us look inside to see someone in the Green Ninja gi. That someone obviously being Kai, as his voice wasn't easy to miss.

"Bring heat!"

Seeing him do pushups, the three boys started laughing at him, and, he quickly noticed our presence. "Very nice. Perhaps if you tried the phrase 'fire dork'? Maybe it might work." Cole teases, causing me to roll my eyes. Though, I'd be lying if I said I didn't find the situation a little funny.

"How long have you all been watching?" Kai asks, panic laced in his tone as he took off the hood.

"The Green Ninja suit, that's awesome!" Jay grins, completely ignoring Kai's question.

"Eesh, now I'm really happy I'm not the Green Ninja. That gi ain't exactly pretty." I say, noting the weird, yet plain design of it.

"Well, I...I was looking for some kind of clue from Sensei, and then I found this." Kai mumbles, referring to the green gi he wore.

"But you know only he who is foretold to face Lord Garmadon is destined to be the Green Ninja, and only he should wear the Green Ninja outfit, so Sensei will most likely be very-"

"I know, I know." Kai sighs, walking over to the window with a frown. "But I thought if I just tried it on, it might help me see my true potential."

Lips thinning, the four of us join Kai beside the window and look out of it at the view. "It's not fair that you guys have unlocked your cool powers and I still haven't. Besides, Sensei's gone and we don't know when he's coming back."

Hearing a door open, the five of us perked up as a much welcome voice called out. "Hello?! I'm home!"

"Sensei!"

Grinning, the four of us ran out of the room and to the upper deck to greet our master. He's been gone for a few days, and though we've accomplished a lot on our own, it's good to have him back.