𝟒 | 𝑯𝒐𝒎𝒆

"My turn. Uh, it's my turn." Kai argued.

"Oh, you want a little more? Take this." Cole challenged.

"Yeah? How about a little of this?" Jay yelled.

"Monkey Paw to the head." Kai yelled.

"Monkey Paw? What move even is that?" I asked, unamused. Though, I didn't get an answer.

The five of us were training in the courtyard. Well, four of us. Zane just sat down on the ground, it was almost as if he was meditating.

Unlike the other three, who were focusing on combat, I was focusing on my balance and trying my best to do a hand stand for as long as I could.

"Ninja roll."

"Dragon punch!"

"You guys are idiots. Literal idiots." I huffed.

Feeling a cold breeze brush past me, I grew surprised upon seeing my hands encased in ice.

"Ow ow ow ow ow! Get this ice off of me!" I whined, the sudden cold feeling of the ice being a painful one

Walking over, Cole carefully broke the ice around my hands with his scythe, allowing me to stand back up out of the backbend I fell into.

"Thank you." I breathed.

Getting up, I followed Cole over to Jay and Kai. Who were both standing by the stairs to the monastery door.

"This roof isn't big enough for the five of us." Kai spoke.

"Correction. This roof isn't big enough for him." Cole spoke bitterly.

"I couldn't even do a backbend that low until a second ago. And I didn't even have free use of my arms!" I whined.

"It's like he's in his own world. I bet he can't even hear us." Jay raised his voice purposely.

"Sensei, Zane's weird."

"What is weird? Someone who is different, or someone who is different than you?" Sensei asked.

"No, Sensei, he's "weird" weird." Cole emphasized.

"Yeah. Even Cylla's not as weird as he is." Jay spoke, pointing to me.

"Thank you?" I spoke, unsure if that was a compliment or an insult.

"We like the guy, he's really smart. He's just, uh, a little off sometimes." Kai groaned quietly.

"Zane is a brother, and brothers are often different. I should know." Sensei sighed.

Shrugging, I was about to get back to training when suddenly a loud gong sound rang throughout the place.

"Mail!" The four of us yelled before running towards the door.

"Let's see, a letter from Jay's parents. Kai has a fan letter. Cylla has a letter and package from her parents. Oh something from cole's father." The mailman sighed, handing each of us our mail.

"What? No package? I'm expecting something from Creatures, Beasts and Beyond."

"Hmm, no, nothing from, uh... Ah, here it is."

"Ha! Rocky's gonna love this." Cole cheered, running down to his dragon.

Smiling, I opened the letter from my parents.

"Hey, Zane, how come you never hear anything from your parents?" Jay asked.

"I don't remember my parents. I've been an orphan all of my life." Zane spoke sadly.