𝟏𝟎 | 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑯𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔

Holding my spear up, I swiftly managed to block a hit from Cole's scythe.

The five of us were out on the deck of the bounty training. Kai, Jay, Cole and I were split in two pairs to spar, while Zane practiced his newfound powers.

Though we were already in peak physical condition, it never hurt to sharpen our skills with our weapons.

Keeping my grip tight, my arms trembled a little as I struggled to hold against him. I would've been fine, if part of his element didn't give him super strength. But sadly, that wasn't the case.

Nevertheless, I refused to give up.

Gritting my teeth, I let my arms fall back a little before pushing up with all my strength, pushing Cole and his scythe away and giving me a second to breath.

Seeing him come back at me with his scythe, I dug my spear into the ground before swinging around and kicking him in the face.

Lightly stepping on the hand that held his scythe, making sure not to hurt him, I held the end of my spear up to his neck. A smug, cocky grin plastered across my face.

"I win."

Seeing Cole smile before rolling his eyes, I stepped off his hand before holding out my hand for him to take and helping him up.

"Okay, scores are 2 - 3." He informed, picked his scythe back up.

"You wanna go again?" I asked, raising a brow in question.

"Sure. What better way to make you eat my dust than to get a final score of four?" Cole grinned.

Rolling my eyes, we walked away from one another and took our positions again.

Eyeing the black, scythe-wielding ninja ahead of me, I looked for any sudden movements.

The way we sparred, if someone moves even the slightest, you start. We didn't need anyone to count down, 'cause there really wasn't much point in that.

Seeing Cole quickly hold his scythe up high, I waited until he was just about to slam it onto the ground before jumping out of the way.

Gripping my spear, I threw it at him to act as a distraction before running directly at him while he knocked it away.

Sending a kick to Cole's side, he blocked it with his scythe before pushing me back, landing a hit on my gut with his scythe. It wasn't harsh, so it didn't hurt too much.

Getting up, I quickly rolled over to my spear and grabbed it before barely blocking a swing from his scythe.

Jumping back, I slammed my spear into the floor, causing small crystal clusters to pop out from the ground and surround Cole.

Seeing that Cole was preoccupied with the crystals, I ran at him.Though, before I could do anything, he sliced all the crystals with his scythe.

Quickly hitting me with his scythe, I was sent flying back, causing me to lose grip of my spear.

Getting up, I just managed to backflip to dodge the swing. Once I landed, I suddenly lost balance a little. Though, I wasn't sure why.

Seeing him swing at me again, I jumped back yet again. Loosing my balance again. Only this time, it was bad.

Just seconds after I'd lost my balance, I fell back and was no longer on the bounty.

I didn't realise before, but the reason I'd lost my balance when landing the first time, was because I was close to the edge of the ship. Like four feet away close.