𝟏𝟏 | 𝑶𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑩𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏, 𝑻𝒘𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝑺𝒉𝒚

Sitting beside Cole at the table in the bridge, I doodled random drawings all across my left arm as Nya gave us a brief history lesson.

I thought I'd escaped this when I left school to go to college, but apparently that wasn't the case. Though, this was extremely important and actually mattered so I didn't care too much.

Grasping the white cover on the table, Nya pulled it off to reveal what looked to be the skeleton of a fangpyre. God knows how old it was, though.

"Some villagers unearthed the remains of this fangpyre a few miles away. It predates The Golden Age and must be hundreds of years old.

"Although the venom in the fangs of the fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian. I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an anti-venom."

Bored, I glanced away from my arm doodles to see Cole drawing a picture on his book. And, to be honest, I was impressed.

"You never told me you could draw." I mumbled, leaning over.

"You never asked." Cole shrugged, sketching some finishing touches onto the pad.

"I wish I could draw. I used to keep trying but after two years of failed art projects and terrible drawings I gave up." I pouted. I liked art, a lot, but I was no good at it.

"What do you mean? I've seen some of your work, it's pretty good."

"Pretty good isn't enough. I need it to be perfect. And besides, you've seen my digital art. That's different." I deadpanned.

Putting his pen down, Cole shot me a confused look. "How?"

"Because there's something called an undo button. We don't have that in real life. You screw up, you can't fix it. Usually, anyway." I mumbled, subtly rolling my eyes.

"Well, I can try and teach you a little if you'd like." He offered, glancing over at me.

"Really?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah. Just let me know when you're free."

"Sweet. Thanks." I smiled. Maybe after years of miserable, failed attempts I'd finally be able to draw decently.

Resting my chin on my palm, I focused my attention back on Nya and the lesson. Whatever I missed I'll just ask Zane about later.

"Excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic to perfume." Nya informed, looking at the five of us with pink cheeks. Though, she was mainly looking at me.

"I don't wear perfume." I shrugged.

Hearing a surprised, panicked noise come from Jay, I looked over to see him lean towards Kai with a nervous look on his face.

"You told me it was men's cologne!" He whispered, looking at the red idiot.

"Meh, I get them mixed up." Kai shrugged, the three boys laughing at the poor boy before Zane turned off his humour switch.

Rolling my eyes at their childishness, a tired sigh escaped me as we began packing up our stuff.

"Well, looks like class is over. Time to start stomping some serpentine before they find any fang blades."

"Sounds like a plan." Kai grinned.

"I wanna get payback on those stupid snakes for what they did yesterday." I bit, punching my hand as Cole and I walked out of the bridge.

"You and me both." He sighed. He seemed pretty fed up with the snakes already.

Not hearing footsteps behind us, I put my hand in front of Cole and looked behind us to see Jay wasn't there.