𝟖 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒏𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝑲𝒊𝒏𝒈

Sitting at the dining table, the six of us drank our tea and listened as Lloyd talked about how he would defeat a serpentine.

"First, I'll stop on his tail. Then when he turns, a thunder clap to his ears. Then when he's stunned, I'll disarm him." Lloyd spoke proudly.

"Too late, he's already hypnotized you and now you're under his control." Cole spoke, dismissing Lloyd's ideas.

"Or he's already put you in a squeeze." Zane shrugged.

"Or turned you into a snake." I added.

"Or spit on you with his hallucinatory venom. Trust me, bad stuff." Kai slammed his fist onto the table, recalling the time he thought the Serpentine were gingerbread people.

"Uncle, what's the best way to stun a Serpentine if you don't know what kind they are?" Lloyd asked.

"Sadly, it was the Sacred Flute you five carelessly lost." Sensei sighed.

"Hey, no, no, no, we didn't lose it. Pythor stole it." Jay corrected.

"Whatever the case, without it I fear we have nothing to combat their powers." Sensei spoke, pouring himself some tea.

"We have our weapons." I pointed out.

"Maybe. But, if Pythor unleashes the Great Devourer, they'll be useless against it." Sensei spoke, shutting down that idea immediately.

'Well that's just fantastic isn't it.'

"We may have prevented them from uniting in the past, but they will try again, and one day they will be stronger." Sensei informed.

"Don't worry Sensei. I've almost reached my full potential and when I become the Green Ninja, we're not gonna need any magic flute." Cole spoke proudly.

"You're gonna be the Green Ninja? Ha-ha! Don't make me laugh." Kai bit.

"And here we go." I sighed.

"I thought it was decided that I was destined to become the Green Ninja." Zane spoke.

"The only thing decided about you, Zane, is that you're weird." Jay joked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

As if on instinct, the four idiots began arguing about who was going to be the green ninja for like the tenth time this week.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. What's in the box?" Lloyd asked, noticing the black box on the table in front of Sensei.

"Your new uniforms." Sensei spoke proudly, pushing the box towards the five of us.

Grabbing mine out of the box, a wide grin came to my face as I looked over it.

"Whoa! They've got like armor." Jay pointed out.

"I love the gold highlights." Kai grinned.

"Battle claws." Cole cheered, making a pinching motion with his hand.

"The colours contrast beautifully." I praised, loving how the silver looked with the lilac-y purple.

"The material is really light and breathable." Zane commented.

"Oh. Nothing for me?" Lloyd asked sadly.

"Oh, um, you get, uh, the box?" Sensei spoke. Though, it sounded more like a question.

"Don't worry Lloyd. I'll take you out to Ninjago city later and you can get something nice, okay?" I suggested, hoping to make him feel better.

"Really? Thanks!" He grinned.