Wounded

We crossed the river.
It was deep, so we had to find the bridge.
"Find Hassan and get out."
Alejandro instructed.
"Entiendo."
(Got it)
I answered, getting my pistol out my holster.
Ghost started walking away on his own.
"Hermano! Don't go alone."
Rudy called.
"Take y/n"
Ghost turned and looked me up and down.
"I work alone."
"Too bad. Ve con cara de calavera."
(Go with skull face.)
I sighed, following Ghost.

"I said I work alone."
"I didn't have a choice."
He glared at me.
He opened the back door. It was surprisingly unlocked.
The hallway empty but the echoes of voices filled the hallways.
"no nos queda mucho tiempo. Están detrás de nosotros."
I listened closely.
"Eres un hermano paranoico."
Ghost looked at me with a raised eyebrow.
"Let's get moving."
He whispered.
I followed close behind him, navigating through the corridors.
Ghost seemed to be listening very closely. I made sure to scope out everything, not willing to let Ghost get hurt. I'm sure he can take care of himself but caring for others is just my thing.
"Alejandro to y/n."
My radio went off.
I grabbed it, pushing the button.
"We are in a corridor. Seems it's pretty empty."
I responded quietly.
I looked back to ghost, who was gently walking further down the hallway, I turned to follow him.
"No."
He whispered, looking over his shoulder.
"It's more dangerous with two people. Just wait for me."
I huffed, but nodded.
"Be quick."

I stood close to the wall, listening closely.
Everything seemed so loud, but also so quiet. I tried my hardest to keep my guard up but for some reason my mind was on Ghost..
I didn't know why he had to go alone. It was stupid. I could just come with him.
Suddenly I heard footsteps. I thought it was Ghost for a moment but realized they were coming from the wrong direction...
Suddenly a man jumped out from behind the corner.
Before I knew it a sharp pain was in my thigh and a hard punch to the gut.
I held out my pistol but it seemed he had the same idea, pointing his rifle at me. I rolled, his shot barely hitting my hip in the one spot my bullet proof vest didn't cover. He shot again once I got on my back, this one hitting my vest. That would only make a really bad bruise. I realizing his gun was lodged. I quickly shot him twice in the chest, his body falling to the ground right beside me.
"Ghost? Y/n? We heard gun shots."
A Scottish voice said.
I wasn't use to hearing Soap' voice on the radio yet.
"Y/n? Are you okay?"
Ghost asked.
"What do you mean? Y/n is with you."
Alejandro barked.
"We split up."
"What?!"
I groaned, grabbing my radio with my bloody glove.
"I'm fine."
That was all I said.
I put pressure on my stab wound. Thankfully it wasn't too deep and the bullet wound had just taken out a chunk of my skin. Just had to think of it as a deep cut and I was fine.
"I'll be there in a minute with a medical."
Rudy quickly said.
"I don't need medical. I said I'm fine."
"Last time you said you were fine you had two bullets in your abdomen."
I could hear Rudy's annoyance.
"No need. Already there."
I heard the voice throat the radio and above me. I looked behind me and up, seeing Ghost.
He knelt down.
"Where?"
"My thigh got stabbed and a bullet grazed my waist. It isn't bad. I don't need any medical. It can wait."
Ghost grabbed the dead body and threw it aside as if it weighed nothing.
"There was five gunshots. Two in him. Did you miss or are you lying to me?"
"I got shot in my vest."
He grabbed the clips on my vest, unclipping them and pushing the front of my vest to the side.
"Hey—!"
I protested, but he was already lifting my shirt to investigate further.
"You got shot three times."
"I... I did?"
I looked down. There were two deep cuts. I must of not felt the other one.
He pulled my shirt up further. I felt myself get tense. My whole body was telling me to push him away but one little part told me I liked his rough gloves on my bare skin.
"There's a bad bruise starting there."
He pressed down on the place I had gotten shot  in my vest. I hissed, grabbing his wrist.
It was on my first ab. I grabbed my shirt, pulling it back down before he saw my scars.
"I'm fine."
I clipped my vest back on.
"I guess if you say so."
"Sería diferente si fuera jabón, ¿eh?"
(It'd be different if I was soap, huh?)
I said without thinking.
"English, Sergeant."
"Never mind."
I stood up, ignoring the pain.
He stood up too.
"Let's get going."
He suddenly said, starting to walk already.
"What about Hassan?"
I followed behind.
"He isn't here. We have to search elsewhere."
He raised his rifle when he turned the corner and gunshots filled my ears.
I turned the corner after the shooting was done, seeing a bunch of men dead on the floor. Ghost was already stepping over the bodies.
He looked over his shoulder.
"You coming or what?"