Home Sweet Home

This chapter revolves around the use of alcohol. If you are uncomfortable with that topic, please move on to the next chapter.

I let out a loud sigh of relief as I opened the front door to my apartment and walked in. I immediately dropped my bags at the small hallway that lead to my mini kitchen and tiny living room.
I flopped down on my even tinier couch, letting out another loud sigh.
Alejandro said we would have tonight and tomorrow off. It was rare for us to delay working but I wasn't going to complain.

Before I knew it, I had a pile of snacks and an array of alcohol bottles lined up. It hadn't even taken five minutes for me to pour down two beers. My apartment was now illuminated by the The Last Of Us, which I had been binge watching.
I paused the show, knowing if I continued I'd have to find where I passed out and start it from there.
That's when I heard it.
It was as small was the drop of a penny on carpet, but I heard it.
It had come from my bedroom.
I immediately went back to my training. I grabbed one of the empty beer bottles, holding it by the opening at the top.
I slowly walked over to my bedroom door, swaying due to the alcohol. My grip on the knob was soft, slowly twisting it. I stopped it right at the spot I knew it would creak and peered in.
I opened the door fully right as I saw the figure who was the culprit of the noise. My hand rose and the intruder turned. As soon as I saw those eyes I knew who it was. I couldn't stop my arm, but he did it for me.
He grabbed my wrist, holding onto it with a grip hard enough to cut off circulation.
"What's up with you attacking me with glass?"
He asked, referring to the painting from last time as he took the bottle from me.
"What's up with you breaking into my apartment?"
I hissed back, yanking my hand away.
Ghost sighed.
"Maybe change the locks on your window. They can be opened with a credit card."
He shrugged, staring down at me unapologetically.
I looked over at my window that I had jumped out off the same day I realized that things had just gotten a hundred times more complicated.
It was, in fact, unlocked.
I huffed, turning back to him.
"I'm calling the police."
I crossed my arms, staring at the tall, intimidating, scary, hot man.
I turned to go back to my living room to retrieve my phone, but he grabbed my arm and turned me back around.
I swayed, losing my footing. He balanced me gently, staring into my eyes.
"Have you been drinking?"
He questioned.
"No."
"You sure?"
He looked at the empty bottle in his hands, then looked back to me.
"Okay maybe a little bit."
I rolled my eyes, huffing.
The truth was, I was more than tipsy.
I had always been a light weight, so two beers a lot more than I should of.
It usually takes me ten minutes to start the phases of being drunk, and I'd say I had a good few minutes left.
"Get out."
I spoke sternly, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears.
"How much did you drink?"
He leaned closer.
"Why does it matter?"
I hissed, feeling the alcohol reach my liver.
He looked away, quickly saying,
"It doesn't."
Before pushing past me.
I stumbled slightly, leaning against the door frame to stabilize myself.
"What are you doing here?"
I wanted answers, but I was worried I wouldn't remember the answers later.
Of course, this was my last reasonable thought.

He stumbled over to his small couch that is more like a futon than anything.
Simon wasn't completely sure what to do. Sure, he expected him to be doing something of the sorts. Sleeping away his worries, binge eating, smoking, all the things that people in the military do, but drinking was not expected. He always seemed like the type to like to be in control of what he did to Simon.
Simon scanned the flimsy coffee table that was full of around five beers in total, none of them fully finished but the one he had brought to his room for self defense.
Y/N was clearly already out of it, since no sober person would claim to have only drank 'a little bit' after drinking the majority of 5. He probably didn't even mean to lie about how much he'd drank.
Simon didn't want to take advantage of this. Prying answers out of him now wouldn't be right... right?

"Do you have any of her belongings?"
Simon spoke before logic could catch up with him.
Y/N looked over his shoulder, clearly confused.
"Hmm??"
He hummed, watching as Simon walked over and sat down with him.
"Are any of her stuff here?"
Y/N couldn't think of a logical response. He barely knew what Simon was talking about.
A fit of giggles came out of his mouth.
Simon sat there, trying to figure out what to do.
He was too drunk to know how to answer.
At least Simon wouldn't feel bad after using his weakened state to his advantage.
As Simon was lost in thought, Y/N leaned over and rested his head on his shoulder.
Simon almost jumped out of his skin, but made no movement physically.
"Has anyone told you how pretty your eyes are, Simon?"
The slurred words came out sloppily.
Simon took a deep breath, looking over at Y/N.
"Not recently."
He spoke softly, feeling the sudden need to take care of Y/N.
"Hmmm...."
Was all Simon got in response, along with two arms hugging his bicep.
Y/N had long forgotten the feeling of hugging on someone. The feeling of being cared for. It was like a fairy tale. In the land of military, it was rarely a thing, a once in a lifetime thing actually.
The content sigh that left Y/N's mouth extruded enough stress for Simon to also find himself relaxing.
"Are you going to be okay?"
Simon whispered, shifting to wrap his arm around Y/N.
"Mhm... as long as someone else don't breakin' in.."
He was cut off by a few dry hiccups, causing Simon to smile. But of course, it was never seen by Y/N.
But, at this moment that was no where near his brain. It didn't currently exist to him at the moment. All that existed was the warm embrace of... of... who was this again?
"Are ya my boyfriend?"
Y/N questioned, his eyes squinting up at Simon.
Simon shook his head, letting out a small chuckle.
"I am tonight."

I used a lot more Y/N's than I usually do. I hate using them, but writing in a narrator style the names of the characters are important. I hope you guys don't mind as much as I do.