Tree

I was on high alert as I walked through the wooded area the grass was almost to my knees, I pushed through the fallen sticks and logs. I had gone off my myself, Alejandro and Rudy going a different way. We were told
Back up was coming and to wait for them, but to get in position so we weren't twirling our thumbs.
I had a clear view of the base. It was small and I wouldn't have expected it was a enemy base. It was lightly raining along with it being a moist area, so I was leaving tracks in the mud. I didn't like it very much because I felt vulnerable knowing anyone could follow me.
I turned to the base, then the tree I was standing right beside. It had thick branches and a lot of green leaves. It looked healthy but old. Some trash was caught on the low parts.
"Make sure you keep watch."
Price had told me.
I put my pistol in my holster, grabbing a thick branch and pulling myself up. In a matter of a minute I was in the large tree that had a large amount of leaves. Perfect to hide me. I grabbed my binoculars, looking through them down at the base.
"¿Cómo se copia, Alejandro?"
(How do you copy Alejandro?)
I said into my radio, listening to the static to get a response.
"Nos estábamos mudando. ¿Ves algo?"
(We're moving in. See anything?"
I could lightly make out his voice.
"No."
I responded back.
I could only hear static. He must not have responded.
I clicked my radio off, shoving it back into my tactical vest.
I sighed, relaxing in the tree.
Suddenly, I felt the tree move slightly. I reached for my pistol, looking around to see where it came from.
"Hey! It's just me!"
A British man scream whispered.
I sighed, knowing who it was without seeing him.
"What are you doing, Ghost?"
I asked, watching him hall himself up into the tree with me.
"Was told to keep watch."
He said plainly, positioning himself on a branch above me.
"We only need one person keeping watch."
I told him, trying to not sound annoyed.
"I'm just doing what I was told."
He said plainly, positioning his sniper rifle on a smaller branch and looking down the scope to get a better view.
"That's what I was told too."
"Then I guess we both keep watch."
I rolled my eyes, adjusting myself slightly.
"We don't need to be keeping watch at the same place."
"You really don't like me, do you?"
Ghost pulled his face away from the scope, his eyebrows clearly raised even though I couldn't see them.
"Not after you broke into my house."
I looked into my binoculars again.
"Technically you let me in."
He retorted quickly.
"I never invited you inside."
"You we're going to."
"How did you know that?"
"I just did."
I let out a grumble of annoyance.
"You're a bastard."
I adjusted myself, suddenly feeling my branch crack.
"Mierda."
(Fuck)
I quickly grabbed a branch, not caring what size. Before I knew it, the branch below me was gone, falling into the mud with a splat.
I grunted, feeling the branch I was holding onto crack and go a little lower due to my weight.
"Ghost help, you dimwit!"
I struggled, kicking my feet around to try and find a branch to put my weight on.
I felt the branch snap, a brief moment of me falling made my heart drop.
The fall was cut short, a strong grip on my arm starting to pull me up.
"You idiot."
He huffed, pulling me up onto a different branch. This one was much thicker.
I rolled my eyes, positioning myself again.
"Thanks..."
I whispered.
"You're welcome."
We sat in silence, watching the base. It felt we if time was at a stop. The gentle breeze of the wind while the light rain was getting harder felt unreal.
It was almost peaceful, other than the fact we were in enemy territory.
"Y/n.."
The silence was suddenly broken.
I looked over at Ghost. He was fiddling with his rifle, not looking at me in the slightest.
"I'm sorry."
He mumbled.
"I shouldn't have let myself into your apartment and attacked you... I didn't think about your relationship with D/N and how it might be hard for you to talk about her."
He seemed to be very uncomfortable.
I was completely shocked. I didn't know what to say.
"Thank you.. that means a lot to me."
Ghost looked over at me.
"Can I ask some questions?"
I was silent, unsure how to respond.
"Sure.."
He was back to messing with his rifle.
"We're you two dating?"
I was so surprised I almost fell off the branch.
"No!"
I shook my head.
"It was never like that between... me and D/N."
It was so weird to say my dead name as if it wasn't me..
"Did she ever talk about me?"
He moved onto the next question quickly.
"Simon Riley. Not Ghost."
He made sure that I knew what he was meaning.
I nodded.
"She was head over heels for you until the day she was dead.."
It wasn't technically a lie.
He was quiet.
"Thank you."
He whispered, putting his rifle on his back.
He started climbing down the tree.
"Where are—"
"To get a better view."
He cut me off before I could finish.
"Alright..."
He jumped down, mud splashing slightly.
I looked back at the base, not wanting to watch him walk away.
That right there was Simon. I couldn't watch him walk away. I was afraid if I did, I wouldn't see him again. Just like last time.
I relaxed when I stopped hearing his boots splash in the mud.
I closed my eyes for a moment. I had suddenly felt very tired.
It was strange because I was wide awake a second ago. I shifted my position, feeling something in my shoulder. I reached over, feeling a.... Arrow?
I pulled it out.
No... a dart.
The end was thin and very sharp. No wonder why I didn't feel it..
I looked closer, noticing a liquid on it that wasn't my blood.
Some kind of poison..?
That was the last thought I had.
Before I knew it, my eyes closed. I dropped my binoculars, falling from the branch I was perched on. I felt my body slap against other branches, one of them breaking under my weight. I landed on top of it, a sharp part empaling the side of my thigh.
I laid in the mud, unable to think or move. My eyes looked around, trying to focus on something. Anything.
I heard splashing getting closer, then cold water that was probably mud get kicked on my back.
"Yep. He's out."
A female voice said.
"Great."
A male said, then I was picked up.
As soon as my body left the sloshy mud I was out like a light.