❣︎ T W O ❣︎

"I need a deep tissue massage

"I need a deep tissue massage."

Margot stretches her arms and rubs her shoulder, a pained expression coating her features.

I untied the laces of my practice shoes and put on the sneakers that I wore here. Chuckling softly, I look up at her as she puts on a thin sweater that hugs her curves softly.

I advert my gaze from her chest as her cleavage shows through the halfway zipped sweater that she wears and find her eyes with my own.

"I would give you one but I think my hands are dead." I say and she laughs all the while fixing her hair in the large mirror.

"Maybe we should give each other a massage then." I feel heat instantly creep up my neck at the suggestion. I know she meant it to be funny but I can't help the flush that takes over my cheeks.

Instead of laughing — because I knew it would be awkward — I changed the subject and began rubbing lotion on my arms. We'd been practicing for 4 hours straight so the shower we took after we finished was heaven.

"My sister said she wanted to see me." I say, distracting her from the 'joke' she made a few seconds prior.

She looks down at me, confusion on her face.

Anita and I are close but we don't talk much anymore due to her new job. She's a pediatrician for the Lakewood Children's Hospital. She's always been good with kids and she loves helping people so she decided to dedicate her life to helping kids.

The thing is, we don't talk much anymore because she works crazy hours and in the hours she is free, I'm usually practicing.

The last time I talked with Anita was when she got her first permanent patient. A little girl named Leah. She had cancer I think and was developing other mental problems because of it. That was almost 6 months ago.

I don't know what she's up to now.

"Why? What's up? Is she okay?" Margot and Anita met only a few times but I've talked about them to the other a lot so they've had mentions of each other.

"I don't know. She just said to meet her at this bistro library place. " I do hope she's okay.

She sounded pretty urgent in the voicemail.

Once I'm done with the lotion I toss it into my gym bag and stick my hand out. She grabs it and yanks me up. She grabs her bag and I grab mine, tossing it over my shoulder.

She lets my hand go as we make our way to the exit and I feel my heart twinge a bit, my hand missing the heat and feeling of hers instantly.