❣︎ T W E L V E ❣︎

4 Years Ago

4 Years Ago

I can't seem to rip my eyes away from this girl.

Her mossy green eyes crinkle at the corners as she laughs.

A presence makes itself known by sitting in the chair next to me. I tear my gaze from Margot and look at Hazel who looks at me with a knowing look on her face.

"When are you going to tell her?" I look back at Margot, my hands in my lap, and my lips formed in a barely there frown.

"You know I can't do that. She doesn't look at me that way and she never will." my words feel too real but at this point, I've come to realize she isn't going to magically develop feelings for me.

I've accepted it.

But that doesn't mean I can't admire her from afar.

"In the three years I've known you, you have not once taken your eyes off of her." she sighs when I look down.

There's nothing I can do about it but keep my feelings buried so deep she can never find them.

"I know you don't think it'll help, but talk to someone about it. It might help to have someone else advice or opinion instead of bottling your feelings, Kenji. It doesn't have to be me, but please talk to someone." she pays my back before getting up and walking over to Margot.

Hazel has always been there for me. But, I don't think I could tell her what I think about Margot on a daily basis. I mean, that's her best friend and I can't exactly tell her my mind, body, and soul crave her can I?

Someone sits next to me on the bench but this time, it isn't Hazel.

Present Day

Three knocks sound and echo through my door and I get up from the couch and open the door.

"Finally! You know, for my personal therapist you sure like to be late 75% of the time." he lets himself in as I throw myself into the soft gray cushions.

"Woah. What happened to you?" Micah sits on the coffee table in front of me, legs spread trying to figure out why I'm so fidgety.

I grip my hair in my hands, my leg bouncing uncontrollably.

"I fucked up."

His face fills with understanding. "You told her?" I nod my head but then then realize, that isn't how she found out.

"Well, not exactly." the understanding fades into confusion and hell am I confused about everything that's going on.

"Okay, I need you to calm down. Tell me what happened." his voice is calm, soft. His face filled with compassion as he waited for me to explain what was happening.