❣︎ T H I R T Y ❣︎

Three months later

Three months later

My eyes meet with familiar earthy green ones through the mirror behind my PC.

She leans against the door frame as I push the button that ends the live stream. I do a few things like saving the recorded live session into my hard drive before I spin in my swivel to face her.

"What?" I ask as she stares me down with an unnecessarily still expression. Her face gives off nothing of what she's thinking or feeling.

It's as if I'm looking at a statue.

"M?" I stand up, walking toward her. She clinches slightly as if she just broke out of a trance. As if she hadn't noticed my presence until now.

"Huh?"—she blinks, pushing off of the frame— "did you say something?" I sigh, blowing out a slow breath of air.

She's been like this for a few weeks. Sure she's getting better but still it takes a lot for her to even get out of bed in the morning.

Her birthday was nearly three months ago. February 14th. What did she do for her birthday? Absolutely nothing. She slept in late and then at to sleep early.

That's when it was still bad but now if I'm lucky I get to see her for a few hours. She just spaces out. A lot.

I've wanted to help speed up her healing process. Help her know that what happened to her mother is in no way her fault.

She's very... stubborn though.

"Hey, m?" she looks up at me, eyes big and somewhat teary.

It hurts to witness her like this. She hasn't even been to her house in weeks. She doesn't want to leave me and quite frankly, I don't want her to leave.

"Hm?" she hums in question.

I gently reach for her hand, tangling my fingers with hers.

"How about we go out today?" I ask. Her face contorted in discomfort but I continued speaking anyway. "I know somewhere you might have fun." she sighs before looking back up at me.

Our height difference isn't that big but I can say that I peer down at her whilst she looks up at me.

"Where?" her voice is soft and defeated.

I feel terrible but she needs to get out. If Mateo weren't her boss, I'm not even sure she'd have a job anymore.

She hasn't seen the sky in too long and now is a beautiful time for her to see it once again.