❣︎ F I V E ❣︎

It's been almost a week since the competition and Kenji still hasn't told me what happened that night

The moment his family whisked him away was the moment I realized. Aside from Anita, I hadn't met any of his family. He's met Dad and now, unfortunately, mom. But I haven't met anyone other than his sister.

He hasn't spoken to me much these past few days and I'm not sure why. He may be over at Hazel's place with Micah so I plan to go over there after my date.

As if on cue, my phone pings with a message, and I pick it up.

-I'm here, where are you?

I read the message before typing out a quick reply.

-I'm coming.

Grabbing my purse, I check myself in the bathroom mirror before making my way to the door. I lock up my apartment before I make my way outside.

In the guest parking lot, I see Chris leaning against his car with a cigarette hanging loosely in his mouth.

His eyes evidently scanned my body as I approached him. "Hey, I—" I walk up to him but before I can hug him he blows his smoke in my face. I coughed, waving the toxic smoke out of my face.

"Sup, Merida."

He hits his cigarette one last time before throwing it on the floor and smashing it with the heel of his shoe.

"I-Its Margot," I correct and he looks at me like he's already tired of hearing me talk. He throws his head back and groans.

"Yeah, well you remind me of the fucking Princess so, I'll stick Merida." he smiles sarcastically before he opens the door and gets in.

"Okay?" I walk to the other side and follow suit.

As he starts the car, his eyes shift to my body once again. "Why are you so dressed up?" he starts the car and as soon as we speed out of the parking lot, I roll the window down to get some fresh air.

It's like his car is emitting cigarette smoke. Where is it coming from?

"Because the restaurant is—" he cuts me off, his small hands gripping the steering wheel.

"Woah! Restaurant? We're not going to a restaurant. No way I'm sitting around a bunch of stuffy ass people and talking about life like I don't have anything better to do." he scoffs as if what I had just said was so unbelievable.