❣︎ T H I R T Y ~ S I X ❣︎

Two Weeks Later

Two Weeks Later

"I have to tell you something, M."

I play with my fingers absentmindedly, pacing in front of the TV.

Margot pauses what she's watching and stands up, she stands in front of me halting my nervous movements.

"What's wrong?"

I look into her eyes. "Is it bad?" she questions, sagging her shoulders. "Did I do something?" I'm quick to grab her hands in mine.

"No, no I just. Well, there are two things I have to tell you actually." she nods her head, her brows pinched together.

I chew on my lip nervously. For two weeks I've been staying at her house. It's as if we can't stay away from each other but still, there's no title to what we are.

And I can't do it anymore.

"Margot," I stand tall, pushing my hair out of my face. I squeeze my eyes tightly together before I bite the bullet and say what I've wanted to say for years.

"I don't want to be your friend anymore." she looks taken back at my words. She stumbles, her eyes staring up at me unblinkingly.

"I-I don't get it. So I did do something." her eyes begin to water and I realize how my words came out.

My eyes go big and I reach down to grab her hands. "M, I don't want to be your friend. Because I want to be more than friends. You're my everything. You're my home." I realize that's why I can never stay away from her.

Why no matter where I am, I don't feel complete without her. It's because she is my home.

"So, so what are you asking?" I get the feeling she knows exactly what I'm asking but she's always been the person who needs confirmation.

I take the small ring out of my pocket. The ring I've been procrastinating on giving her for a week straight.

A small diamond in the shape of a heart.

I get down on one knee, holding up the ring. Her eyes go wide and she covers her mouth with her hands.

Her tears fall but for a different reason than they formed. "Margot Rose Jackson, can I be your boyfriend? Please?"

She sniffles, nodding her head and sticking out her hand, I smile widely as I slip the promise ring onto her finger.

I stand up, instantly wrapping my arms around her body. "What's the promise?" she asks as I bury my head in the crook of her neck, the smell of fresh rain and coconut radiating from her low bun.