❣︎ T W E N T Y ~ S E V E N ❣︎

I wrap up the live

I wrap up the live.

It's been a few weeks since New Year and since the events that took place on New Year.

Margot hasn't been too present lately but I'm sure she's fine. She's fine, right? I ask myself, not sure if I believe my words or not.

Not sure if I believe anything. She told me I didn't have to wait for her anymore. That she was here with me. And once again I fell for it but this time, it seemed too sincere to be fake.

Something is wrong.

Margot is a lot of things but one thing I know for a fact she wouldn't do is just up and disappear. Neither Micah nor Hazel have seen her and she hasn't been to Ink House in a week or two - according to Mateo - which isn't like her.

Margot is a very committed person and she doesn't quit. She's stubborn. Bull-headed. It's something that gets overwhelming sometimes.

I lean back in my chair, it spins as I sigh.

"Where are you, M?" I whisper to myself, and as if by some magical source, a knock sounds on my door.

The knocking continues and somehow gets louder each time. "God, okay okay I'm coming!" I yell as I leave my film room and walk to the door.

The knocking still roars through my apartment. I swing open the door and find Margot standing in the doorway. "Mar—" she pushes passed me, pacing back and forth in my living room.

My face contorts into one of confusion with an even mixture of concern. She looks more frustrated than I've ever seen her.

I shut the door and walk over to her, grabbing her hands in mine. She stops pacing, looking me eye to eye, and a small bit of her frustration chips away.

"Margot breathe," she does. In, and out. Her bottom lip quivers gently when she breathes out. I notice her appearance. She looks as if she hasn't slept in days. She looks hungry. She looks petrified.

"What's wrong?" what happened? Where was she? Is she okay? Who did this to her? All questions that swim through my brain, but instead of bombarding her with questions all at once, I wait for her to tell me herself.

She takes her hands out of mine and pulls at her straight hair. It's been straight since we got back from the trip but I don't hate it. She even cut bangs that I think frame her face really well.

"I fucked up. Kenji I-I messed up." she looks like she's angry but not with me or anyone else, she's angry with herself.

Before I can ask her what happened she speaks again, her voice is shaky and sharp. Her words come out in a scrambled mess.

"A few months ago maybe - I don't know - my mom came back and she was clean, I thought she wasn't but this time she really was and I said some things—" she stops and turns to me fully.