❣︎ N I N E T E E N ❣︎

"Your fucking joking right?!"

The yelling hasn't stopped since last night. We came back to the hotel and the two of them have been arguing since.

It wasn't me, I tell myself.

I know Hazel got me to try to get Kenji back and I agreed. But the more I thought about it, the more I felt bad.

Kenji called me a hypocrite. He said that I was being unfair, and I wanted to make a difference in the way he felt about me.

If I get Kenji back, I want it to be his choice. I want him to choose me. And I don't want to take down this girl to do that.

"It wasn't—" she cuts off his words mid-sentence with her own. "Like that? Yeah, that's what you keep saying."

I try to focus on folding up and packing the rest of my things into my suitcases.

This is our last day on the Catalina Islands and our boat leaves in less than an hour.

Jhanvi stalks up to him, yanking on the collar of his shirt. Just as I get up, a knock sounds through the door.

Hazel and Micah push through the door into the now silent room. "Are you guys done yet? Cruise leaves in 15." I grab my suitcase and my purse and follow them out as the couple behind me scrambles to pack their things.

I don't even have a clue as to what they've been fighting over. It's been Jhanvi yelling nonstop and Kenji trying to calm her down.

It wasn't until she put her hands on him that I was going to intervene with their relationship problems.

I'm serious about wanting him to choose me. Again. I really do want a chance to know what it'd be like with him.

Maybe I've been looking in the wrong places. Every guy has been a jerk who couldn't care less about getting to know me but with Kenji, the hard part is already done and over with.

He knows me better than I know myself.

I just hope I haven't fucked everything up.