Chapter 68

NOW…

Steven is souring the sky with Deadly's Aerodactyl, trying to find some leads on the submarine. He then remembered... "Sir, the scientists have finished their calculations. The submarine is ready to depart. "

"Excellent. We'll be heading to Seafloor Cavern to unleash the true power of Kyogre..."

Steven smiled and glad Deadly gave him his Swampert for use. He brought the pokeball out and began speaking to it."Swampert, can you use both Surf and Dive?" Steven asked, which the pokeball moved at a nodding movement.

Steven brought out Aerodactyl's pokeball. "Return," He said, returning him mid-air. Steven then started falling from the sky. Steven threw Swampert's pokeball underneath him. Swampert came out with a grunt and caught Steven.

"Let's go, Swampert," Steven said, patting the Pokémon on the back as they dived their way towards Seafloor Cavern.

Steven held his breath while looking around, trying to find an opening. He found the entrance of the cavern. He pointed towards the cave to show Swampert where he wanted to go.

Swampert nodded and began swimming towards the cavern quickly. As they entered the cavern, they saw the submarine. "There's the submarine! But... there's no one there.." Steven thought to himself. He almost choked and patted Swamperts back, pointing up. Swampert nodded and went up.

Swampert swam up, and Steven gasped for air, coughing. "Im.. alright, " Steven said after his last cough. Steven got off Swampert and held his knees, breathing. Swampert patted his back as if trying to offer comfort.

"Thanks.. Swampert, " Steven said after breathing regularly. He looked around, wondering where he was... He then saw an entrance. "If they're not in the sub... then they must be inside that." Steven said to himself.

He started walking inside the cave and started exploring. They were spooked by multiple Zubat coming out of nowhere, multiple Geodudes were hostile, so Swampert took care of them, and multiple rocks were blocking the way. Swampert also took care of that.

Steven then finds a uniformed Team Aqua grunt. The Aqua Grunt was about to call for backup, but Swampert used a mud bomb to destroy the walkie-talkie

"You shouldn't have done that," the Aqua Grunt said, stepping back fearfully. "Now you're in for it."

Steven remained calm,"I'm not afraid of you or your team," he said, approaching the grunt slowly. "I'm here to finish this once and for all."

The Aqua Grunt tried to attack with his Goldeen but was quickly overpowered by Swampert's strength. Steven grabbed him by the collar and lifted him up. "Where is your leader?" he demanded.

The Aqua Grunt sneered. "You'll never find him," he said, his voice filled with arrogance.

Steven's grip tightened. "I suggest you start talking, or things are going to get a lot worse for you," he warned.

The Aqua Grunt hesitated for a moment before finally speaking up. "He's... he's in the inner sanctum, at the heart of the cavern. But there's no way you'll make it.. there are way more people ahead, " the grunt said with a smirk. He then headbutted Steven and fled.

Steven stumbled back from the grunt's attack but quickly regained his footing. He glared in the direction the grunt had fled and took a deep breath. "Looks like I'll have to take out a few more of them," he said to Swampert.