Chapter 4

Dean's pov;
"After that I grabbed my military bag, because our home in America was a crime scene. Plus I'll need it for work, and I didn't want to leave the hospital or you kids for a second unless i had to head to work at base. The next day after you both were admitted to the nicu and was recovering from surgery, the police, cps, and my lawyer came to the hospital after talking to your mother at the police station.. After she sobered up, your mother admitted that she started doing drugs and alcohol three days after I left because she felt depressed. She told them she was only hitting and throwing around your sister while under the influence. But the day I came back home was when she went after you and your sister... The police, cps, and my lawyer claimed your mother was unfit and unstable to have custody of you both, plus she couldn't leave jail until a court hearing. Since i wasn't involved and they confirmed with my sergeant on base, that i was in Germany, they managed to get the judge of a court house to give me emergency full custody until the court decides your mother sentence and custody arrangements. I told my lawyer to start a divorce process for me and your mother and to give me full custody of my kids. I wanted to protect you both from your mother, but I couldn't because two weeks after you and your sister was released from the nicu and was placed in a recovery room because you both were still healing. A guy pretending to be a nurse, took Nico from the nursery and ran out of the hospital with you. At the time, I was at work and that's when the hospital called and told me everything." I said.

"Did they catch the guy that took, Number 25?" Hajime asked.

"Yes, an hour after Nico was taken... But It was to late, the man already sold him to someone in a black van. An amber alert went out for him and he had a missing case for him. Fbi plus police looked for him, but his case went cold after three years.. They thought Nico was dead since he disappeared completely, but if he showed signs of appearance again they would have reopened his case again." I said.

"So are you and our mother divorced?" Nico asked.

"Yes. Me and your mother had a short divorce, the divorce was granted by the judge three months after i asked my lawyer. Your mother was giving a fifteen year sentence in prison, she lost all parental rights over of you and Y/n. I was granted full custody of the both of you and kept everything of mine, for extra safety I even placed a protection order against Rita, she's not allowed to call or be called about us or go near me, you, Y/n or fifteen feet of the property we're on." I said.

"So do I have other family members like aunts, uncles, or grandparents?" Nico asked.

"You have an uncle and grandparents on my side of the family." I said.

"You have a brother?" Nico asked.

"He's my twin brother, he looks just like me but less buff." I said.

"Trust me, you'll love uncle Jimmy, but never tell grandma Linda you're starving." Y/n said.

Nico chuckles. "Why not?".

"Grandma Linda will feed you until your stomach pops, dad learned the hard way." Y/n chuckled.

I rub my stomach. "My stomach still hurts thinking about that.".

"Woah, woah, hey I'm starting to like this grandma Linda. But is her food good?" An inmate with a 69 tattoo asked.

"Absolutely, she don't care if you're family or not. She'll treat you like one of her grand babies." Y/n said.