Chapter 17

Y/n's pov;
Dad parks the car by the courthouse, and kills the car. We sat there for a moment in silence. "Are you ready, Dove?" He asked.

"Is saying no an option? I feel sick." I said, while resting my hand on my belly where my babies are.

Dad grabbed my shoulder. "You'll be just fine, be honest and stay firm.".

I nodded, before we got out and headed to the courthouse. Me and dad stopped at the entrance when we saw someone we didn't expect.

"Rita?" Me and dad called out.

My biological mother still looks the same when I was young but with some gray hair here and there. She was still beautiful. Rita looks at me and dad, and turns towards us.

"Wow, I knew you grew up a lot from the shows and concerts, I've seen.. But wow, you grew up to a beautiful young woman, Y/n." She gave me a small smile then looks at dad. "Still look the same.".

"I thought you were ban from leaving the country?" Dean asked.

"The judge back home gave me a temporary lift ban to come to the hearing but once i go back to America. The ban will be placed back onto me, since my husband can't get a passport in time. Plus Hs/n still has my credit card." Rita said. We were quiet. "Listen, I know this is something you both don't wanna hear from me. But this is probably my only chance, before you both don't speak to me anymore. I just want to say, I'm sorry, and i know sorry isn't enough for what I did.. I hurt you both a lot and my only biological son is dead.. I wish I could go back and redo everything again, but I can't. That's all i want to say.".

I know I shouldn't feel sorry for her and I should be angry with her. But she still thinks Nico is dead, and I don't blame her. We all considered it, even grandma Linda thought it.

I grabbed dad's arm and looked at him. "Dad,".

He looks at me and I could see dad is thinking about it too. He took a breath and walked over to Rita but stopped in front of her.

"Rita, part of me is going to hate myself because I'm still angry with you-".

"Dean, you don't-"

Dad held up his hand to stop her. "I can't speak for Y/n, since its her decision to decide... I can never forget everything you did and the pain you caused on me and my kids. Our son almost died by your hand.".

"I know, and everytime I think about it, I throw up. I regret it everyday." Her voice cracked.

"Even though, I can't forget. I'm willing to forgive. It's been years and I moved on from it with Y/n, my family, and my now girlfriend.. I'm willing to drop my protection order on you, but just because I did it, doesn't mean Y/n has." He said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Even though on paper, you aren't my children's mother anymore. You're still the biological mother... I don't want any of your family knowing, it stays between us." He said, and Rita nodded. "It's about our son, Nico.. He's alive and his doing well." Rita started to sob into her hands. Dad let her cry it out first. "If you can promise to get Hs/n under control, I'll drop my protection order and gave updates on the kids. It doesn't mean, we're friends or anything, it's only business about the kids that's it.. I can't confirm if Nico ever wants to see you, he knows what you did to him and Y/n.. God, you should've seen the way he broke down like that.. He grew up a lot, and I missed it all.".