Ayame

Kakashi

I tried to fall asleep that night but it was hard. I tossed and turned. Tried sleeping on my stomach, side, under the covers, different sides of the bed meaning the bottom but nothing worked. Every time I fell asleep I saw her.

Inside dream

"Kakashi, can you come down for a sec bud"? My father Sakumo called from downstairs. "Coming dad"! I closed my notebook and headed downstairs to where he was. I don't know what I expected this to be about but the last thing I expected to see sitting on the couch next to my father was a woman I had never met before and who wasn't my mother.

I knew who my mother was from the stories and pictures dad told me and she wasn't it. This lady had long black hair, green eyes, 5, 4, and was fair skin. "Kakashi there's something I've been meaning to tell you. This is Ayame and for a while now we've been dating. I know I promised I would talk to you if something like that ever happened but this just happened all of a sudden and I just went along with it.

I honestly didn't think it would go anywhere maybe one or two dates but now I've actually fallen in love with her". That's when I noticed the ring on her finger. I was feeling a lot of things in that moment. Hurt, betrayal, confusion, forgiveness.

I looked into my father's eyes and saw that he was truly happy. He had been sad for a while and nothing I ever did seemed to make him happy so if she could I'd go along with it.

"Ok, as long as your happy. That's all I want". He hugged me and I hugged him back just as tight but what he didn't see was the glare she gave me. 

"I'm going out for a bit Kashi, wanna come with"? Dad asked as I sat at the kitchen counter doing my homework. "No thank you". "Alright, I'll bring you back something".

The front door shut and the sound of his black challenger starting and driving away from the house acted as the signal for my hell to officially start. "Hey kid, get up and get me a soda". Ayame said. "It's in the fridge, I'm doing homework".

"I told you to get off your ass and get me a drink". I didn't turn around to face her. "I heard you but I'm currently busy at the moment. I have an important test tomorrow an am trying to study for it".

The next thing I knew a plate was thrown at my head. It was the plate she had previously eaten fruit off of along with my dad. "Listen here you snot-nosed brat, your daddy put this ring on my finger which means I'm now your stepmother and as your mother figure you will get off your ass and do as I tell you".

"My mothers dead and my dad would never force me to call you mom. That's a position you need to earn and you haven't. Not only that but you disrespected me so I'm not getting you anything". That's when it happened, she caught me by the back of my shirt and dragged me upstairs. When Dad came home from the store I didn't say anything.

Outside dream

My body was shaking as I sat up trying to calm myself down. I held myself tightly as I tried to slow down my rapid breathing. My chest hurt and eyes stung from the tears that filled them. My heart ached. I longed to be held by both my father and mother but knew I couldn't call out to them for help.

They were up in the clouds far away from me watching me. Watching the shell of a person that used to be their son.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't stop her. Please don't hate me dad, momma. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a piece of silver. My vision was blurry but I didn't need to see clearly to know what it was. It stayed on my nightstand for nights like this. Nights where I was too emotional to get up and do it inside the bathroom instead of my bed.

My hand automatically grabbed a hold of it and pressed against my skin.

"One "

"Two "

"Three"

"Four"

"Five"

My voice was shaky and eyes shut tight as I felt the warmth of my blood on my arm along with the burning sensation . I moved the blade to my opposite hand and repeated.

"One"

"Two"

"Three"

"Four"

"Five"

I'm so sorry. Please forgive me

Word Count: 790