I Have To Let You Go PT.2

It was finally the weekend. Joseph has been texting me non-stop. He is so anxious for seeing me. He can't wait. I got myself ready. I put on a simple periwinkle blue dress and some heels. I put hair up in a bun. I left a few strands out. I put on some makeup. I looked in the mirror once more to make sure I looked okay. I grabbed my purse and my keys and walked out the door to go meet up with Joseph. It only took me 15 minutes to get there. I sat in my car for a few minutes since I was still a little panicky.

    I got out of my car and noticed Joseph was already there. He was on time. I walked in, and he turned around and saw me standing behind him. He stands up and walks over to me. He lends me his hand,I take hold of it, and he leads me to the table. I sat down across from him. I'm still a little nervous,but it would subside soon. He smiles at me nervously. "Uhh,you look really beautiful, Y/n." I smiled back at him and said,"Thank you.  I appreciate that. How have you been?" He stared into my blue eyes and said,"I have been doing great so far. I got the audition for the role of Eddie on Stranger Things." I reached my hand over the table and held onto his hand."Are you serious? I am so happy for you, Joseph. You deserve this role. Because Stranger Things is a huge tv franchise. I think you will do great."

  He gives me the most beautiful smile. God,I miss the way he smiles at me. He squeezes my hand tighter and then says, "I got this role because of you. With you pressuring me, nonstop to pick up the audition. If it wasn't for you,this wouldn't be happening right now. So thank you very much, Y/n." A tear rolled down my eyes as I kept staring at him. He gets up from his side of the table and comes to sit by me. He wraps his arm around my waist. I laid my head down on his shoulder. "I am happy for you, Joseph. I really am! But this audition was all you. If you put your mind to something,you can achieve it. So I have a weird question to ask you?" Joseph stared at me and said,"What's the question, darling?" I lifted my head off his shoulder and stared at him. I said, "Have you found a girlfriend yet?"

   He was kinda shocked by my question. But he answered it anyway. "Uhm,no. I don't have a girlfriend. After you and I called it quits,I haven't settled down with anyone. You were the only girl for me. You gave me so much love and joy, Y/n. No other girl will ever be able to compare to you. You were special and meant so much to me. I loved you, and I still do. It's a shame that we can only be friends." I wanted to cry even harder,but I didn't want to ruin my makeup. "How can you still love me? You broke my heart by cheating on me. How can you keep me on your mind? You need to let go, Joseph. I know it will be hard to let go,but it will get easy. I loved you, Joseph. And you ruined my love for you,but breaking my damn heart. I don't know if I can ever look at you as boyfriend material anymore. I see a friend in you. You have to agree with me."

   He looks at me with a slight tear in his eyes "Well that is some painful words you just said. Not boyfriend material anymore. Do you even love me still. Do you even have feelings?" I couldn't answer him. It just breaks my heart. I don't know what to do or say. I grabbed my purse and scooted off the bench seat. I was about to walk out of the cafe when he grabbed my hand and spins me around to face him. He wraps his arms around my waist and leans his head closer to mine. His lips meet mine. The kiss was sweet and passionate. I quickly pulled away from the kiss and walked out of the cafe. He follows me. "Y/n, I am sorry that happened. I couldn't help it. I miss you so damn much. I miss us! I hate not having you in my life. Please think about it. It's you I need in my life,I don't need anybody else." I spun around and faced him.

  "That kiss shouldn't have happened. If you can't comprehend that we can only be friends,then I guess being friends is a bad idea as well. I wanted to give you another shot of holding a friendship with me. But it looks like you can't even do that. Look,I hope you find someone who will love you just as much as I did. Have a good life, Joseph." I walked away. Not turning back. I got into my car and sat there with my head on the steering wheel. After a few moments,I started  my car,I pulled out of the car lot and headed back home. That wasn't what I planned it to be. He actually kissed me with no hesitation. What was he thinking? Don't get me wrong,I did miss his lips on mine,but we aren't together anymore,so it felt a little weird.