I'm Sorry For Taking It That Far!

Joseph and I have been dating for 2 years now. We have been talking about having kids together and getting married. But that was over a year ago. I have brought it up to him,but all responds back with is "I told you when I am ready and not busy!" We have gotten into arguments about it, and sometimes the arguements turn into fighting. He once blacked out and accidentally smacked me across the face. The slap left me with a black and bruise. It was welted as well.

   After he snapped out of it,he noticed what he had done. He tried to rub my cheek,but I just pushed him away. I even packed my bags and stayed with my parents for a month. He keeps calling and texting my phone nonstop. I do feel bad for leaving him unread,but he hurt me. What else was I supposed to do? Forgive him right then and there? No! He needed some time to figure out his actions towards me and how he could fix the situation to keep our relationship alive.

   It has been 3 weeks of being separated. He still keeps calling me. My mom looked at me while my phone kept ringing and ringing. She's finally had enough. My phone started ringing once again. She snatches my phone from my hand and answers it. "Hello, this Y/ns phone." Of course, she had to put it on speaker. "Hello,this is Joseph. I am actually calling to speak with her. I messed up. I think I went a little too far. I have been kicking myself in the ass for 3 weeks. Being without your daughter is driving me crazy. I love her, and I went ahead and screwed it up. Is there a way I can speak to her to let her know I am sorry."  My mother responds back by saying,"I have you on speaker. She hears you. Right, sweetheart!" My mom looks at me and hands me my phone. "I'm gonna give you two some time to talk."

   I took the phone from my mother's hand and held it up to my ear. Joseph starts to speak, "Baby,I am so damn sorry for what I did. I really do believe I screwed up. I don't want to lose you. Not now,not ever. I am sorry for taking it that far. Please forgive me, darling. I am begging and pleading. I can't stop myself from crying. Ever since you and I took that break,it made me realize what type of jerk I really am. Please Y/n please,forgive me!" I stayed quiet for a while. I can hear him breathing deeply at the other end of the phone. "Sweetheart,are you still there?" I decided to speak to him."Yes,I am still here. I don't know if I should forgive you or not. Because what happens if we did decide to come back from our one month break and it happens again. I pissed you off, and you blacked out. I have a scar across my cheek because of you. My parents couldn't believe that someone as sweet and kind as you would do something like that. I really don't know if I can ever forgive you, Joseph. You promised me a little over two years ago when we started dating that you would never break my heart or do anything stupid to break us up. You basically lied straight to my face. You did both of those things. You broke my heart and did something stupid. And now look what happened to us. You screwed up Joe. So I am gonna have to let you go. I have nothing else to say to you at this moment."

   Before I could hang up the phone,Joseph started talking, "So you're actually going to break up with me? I have been calling and calling you to beg you for forgiveness. What more do you want me to do, Y/n? What can I do to fix this relationship? I don't want to lose you. You are the only one who makes me happy. Please, sweetheart,don't give up on us!" I sat there in silent. Not knowing what to say back to him. I looked up and noticed that both of my parents were standing in front of me. My mother mouths. "Accept his apology, dear. He loves you." My mother was right. He does still love me. If he didn't love me, he wouldn't take the time and apologize. He would ignore the situation. So I got back on the phone and said, "Why don't you come by my parents' house? You can join us for dinner. Maybe I can give you an honest answer if you and I should get back together. Is that a deal?" I can hear Joseph's voice get a little bit happier. "It's  a deal, sweetheart. What time should I show up?" I answered him back."Be here around 5. Dinner will be served at 5:30." He agreed. Before we ended the conversation, he responded to me, "I love you, Y/n. I hope you love me too!" I couldn't give him an honest answer over the phone. So I said, "Joseph, you know I can't answer that right now. I will tell you how I feel when you get here." He says back."Okay,I will see you later then." He hangs up the phone.