I'm Sorry For Taking It That Far PT. 2

I am now 5 months along in my pregnancy. Joseph and I get to find out what we are having today. We both were so excited that we invited both our parents to the appointment. When the 6 of us arrived,the nurse smiled when she saw how much support we both had. "I see you brought your parents. Guess they are excited to find out if they are gonna have a grandson or a granddaughter." I laid down on the bed and lifted up my shirt. The nurse rubbed some jelly on my stomach and had us look at the screen while she was scanning. Our parents were so excited to find out what their grandchild is gonna be.

    The nurse finally got the baby to open its legs to get a view of the gender. She had us look at the screen once again,while she wrote in big bold letters of the gender. "I AM A GIRL!!!!" Joseph and I cried happy tears. We were having a daughter. My parents and his parents were excited as well. There were tears in their eyes also. The nurse smiled while she printed out some pictures of our daughter. And she said, "Do you two have a name for her yet?" I looked at Joseph and then back at the nurse and said,"I do have a name for her. I want to name her after my beloved grandmother, who passed away 5 years ago. So her name is gonna be Eleanor Rae Quinn."

   My parents walked over to me and gave me a hug. My father had tears in his eyes because Eleanor was his mother's name. "Sweetheart,are you sure you want to name her after your nana? You could use a different name!" He says while wiping his eyes. I took my dad's hand and said, "Dad,I have to keep her promise. She told me before she died that if I ever have a baby that she wants me to name our daughter after her. Dad,it was her death wish. I can't break that promise. I loved nana with all my heart. She meant everything to me,dad. And when she died,it broke me deep inside. So naming mine and Joseph's daughter after her will keep her love alive." My dad squeezed my hand and said,"That's beautiful, sweetie. Nana will be so proud that you are naming her great grandchild after her." He kissed the top of my forehead.

    Joseph smiled at me and said to me, "I really love the idea of naming her after a loved one who had passed. You are so kind and caring to those around you. Eleanor will be so loved and blessed when she arrives. I love you so much!" Joseph places a kiss on my lips, and I smiled into it. I have never felt so happy in my entire life. After the appointment, we all wemt out to eat for lunch. I didn't want to eat too much. Don't want to gain too much weight. So I ordered me a Caesar salad with ranch dressing and some sparkling water. Joseph stared at me and said, "Baby,is that all you are gonna eat? You are feeding for two now. You could have ordered more!" I looked at Joseph and said,"I know I am feeding for two. But I am not in the mood for anything else. I don't want to gain so much weight with this pregnancy. So will you let me eat my salad without you judging me. Like for Christ sake." I got up from the table feeling pissed off that Joseph just judged me over the food I ordered. I stormed out of the restaurant. I'm not waiting for my food.

    Joseph had followed me out. "Baby,I am sorry for offending you. I never meant for that to hurt you the way it did. You have every right to eat whatever you want. I am truly sorry, darling. Can you forgive me?" I wiped the tears from eyes and looked into his. I stared into them long enough to let him know that I forgive him.  He wraps his arms around me and places a kiss on my lips. He takes my hand and wengo back inside the restaurant. I sit down next to him and my father looks at me and says, "Are you okay, darling?" I nodded my head and finished my food. After we ate,we decided to go back home. Our parents went home as well. As soon as we get home,Joseph gets a phone call. He looked at me, and I nodded my head to let him know it's okay if he answered it. So he did.

   10 minutes later,he comes back inside. I was in the kitchen grabbing me a bowl of ice cream. He wraps his arms around my waist and leaves his neck. Something is up. He only does this when something is wrong. I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck and said, "Baby,what is the matter? Everything alright?" Joseph stares at me and says,"That was my agent. They have a movie role that they think I will be good at." I just kept staring at him, waiting for him to say more. "Well anyways,I have to leave in the morning tomorrow. I will be gone for 3 weeks. I am really sorry that this is happening,but I want this role. And if it's up for grabs, then I am gonna take it." He looks at me with his sad eyes. A tear rolls down my cheek. I let go of him and walked towards the bedroom. He follows behind me. I grab his suitcase and start adding things that he is gonna need. "Baby, what are you doing? I could have done this myself." He says while coming in the bedroom. I looked at him with tears still in my eyes and said, "It's fine. It will save you time. And as far as I am concerned,your career is more important than me and our daughter. So go,if it's gonna make you happy." Tears rolling down my face.