Part 7

I had to grow up fast:

I'm eighteen but still not able to do much on my own, the good thing is I've stayed out of trouble and worked hard in school, so I graduated early, dad asked me am I sure I didn't want to graduate with my class. I told him no this gives me more time to just get myself together before I go to college, he said alright, and he signed for me to do that. Mom wasn't happy but at this point I didn't care she hasn't spoken to me since that day in church, and that's been six months ago, we got through the holidays, dad and Uncle Drake spent them with us, but not mom.

Alice kept her word and would make us dinner every Sunday sometimes dad would join us, now I'm in college, Jasper and Dex graduate this summer, Dex is going to law school and Jas is going to work for dad, I don't know what I'm going to do when I graduate Jasper doesn't want me to work, but I'm not sure I want to do that and just be a house husband.

I saw mom at the mall she was standing right next to me and acted as if she didn't see me, I said OKAY Linda I didn't live the life she wanted for me but it's my life, and I deserve to be happy just like she is.

Mom finally spoke to me and said first of all don't ever disrespect her by calling her by her first name, and who says she's happy I not only ruined my life I ruined her marriage with dad, I told her don't blame me because she was so hell bent on hating me and Jasper that she couldn't see how much she hurt dad by cutting his son out of their lives. She said not Jasper just me Jasper didn't come out of her body.

I told her when she is going to stop punishing me for what my real father did, I had nothing to do with that, she said I'm just like him selfish and I don't give a damn about anyone but myself, she said she wishes I had died after I was born.

I said she really hates me to wish her own child dead, I told her fine as of now she's dead to me as well, so she won't have to worry about what people have to say because she no longer has a gay son to embarrass her. So now try and work things out with dad don't hurt him anymore than she's already has, I just walked away I was to mad to be hurt and I told myself I'm not going to cry.

I was going to go home, but I said hell no I'm not going to let Linda Tate ruin my day, so I did some more shopping and bought Jasper somethings, he told me not to spend my money on him, but what's mine is his. I bought us matching thongs, I'm getting things ready for when we decide to take our trip that Ekim said we can take on his private island anytime we want, I'm going to try for when Jas graduates which will be in a month, maybe we'll invite Dexter too he's not dating and maybe Rex can come too.

Later I had an afternoon class, I had a few dudes checking me out I didn't pay them any attention I have the man I want, some people never find love, but I did. Yes, I'm still young but I know what my heart is telling me about Jasper, and our relationship has grown so much I had to grow up fast, but it's for the good I still do kid things and have my friends, Pete and I made up and I have new friends my age like Rex and EJ Alexander there in love too.

The summer is now here, and Jasper and Dex are graduating, Uncle Drake came and so did our godfather Ekim but not just for Jasper but for Dex too he paid for his and Rex's college education and Dex will be working for Ekim once he finishes law school. I kept looking for dad I just knew he would be here, I could see Jasper looking for dad too, and then I saw him with mom, he must've pulled teeth to get her to come, but this isn't about her but Jasper.

As they called Dexter's name Rex and I cheered for him, and when they finally called Jasper's name we hollered, I turned around and dad was standing up and so was mom and she was clapping she shocked me, but I guess she doesn't hate him as much as she hates me.

After it was over with, dad and that woman he's married too congratulated Jasper, and mom hugged him and said she's proud of him at least someone made her proud, dad said she promised she wouldn't say anything negative, she said he's right and today is about Jasper.