Part 14

Family: Part 2 of 2

David called and said he would be over later, dad's taking him to look for a car, I told him that's cool we'll be here, I let Jas know what's up, he said remember when dad took me to get my first car. I said yes and mom wanted me to get that ugly smart car-, I'm glad dad talked her out of that I wouldn't have looked cool driving that thing in the parking lot of Benedict Academy, all the other guys had sports cars.

Jas said since David isn't coming over until later let's do it outside, I grabbed his hand and we went outside and started getting undressed when we heard the doorbell ringing, Jas said who could that be coming here without calling, I said it's probably either Alice or Rex they're the only ones I know who just shows up here without calling. They both try and tell us what to do around here.

We fixed our clothes on us and went back into the house, Jas said he'll make lunch if it's Rex find out if he's staying, and if it's Alice she can make lunch, I went into the living room to answer the door and Jas came in, and said he saw who it is from the security monitor, I just opened the door and its mom.

She said Jas told her she's always welcome here, she asked me do I feel the same way, I told her once she told me to get the hell out of her house, and now she's in my house and I could tell her the same thing so if she's here to tell me how she hates me for being gay, or for marrying Jas than she's not welcome.

Mom said she understands, but that's not why she's here, I just looked at her, Jas spoke to her and told her we'll hear her out, mom came in and we sat down she said we look good together. I looked at Jas, and asked mom is she dying or something is that why she's saying something like that.

Mom said she's not dying, she'll be around for a while, she said she's serious we really do look good together she knows she's said some hurtful things to me, and she just wants to say she's sorry and maybe someday I can forgive her. I wasn't sure I heard my mother right; she saw the look on my face and said she knows what she said is hard for me to believe, but it's true, and she's glad that I found a good man like Jasper to share my love with. Because dad is a good man and he's a part of dad.

I stood up and said OKAY mother what's the real reason why she's here, because I'm a part of my real father especially because I'm gay, so I can't see her having a change of heart overnight, mom said it wasn't overnight but a year to see that she was so wrong about me and Jasper, and she's been talking to someone, and they let her see that she was wrong. Instead of hating me she should've been supporting her baby, I told her that her baby is now a grown man and living my best life, and it's been with Jasper, he makes me happy, mom said she can see that now.

Mom said she just came here to tell me that, she got up and said she loves both of us and started walking towards the door, I did ask her who's the therapist she's going to maybe I could see them too, I too have a lot of hurt in me. Mom said she didn't go to a therapist she talked to David almost a year now, I told her I'm glad they adopted him he's a good kid.

Mom admitted at first, she wanted him to replace me, but he's not me don't get her wrong he's a great kid and she loves him, but no one can take her baby's place tears went down her face. Jas hugged mom and said people make mistakes it's how you rectify it to make things better. Again, mom said she loves us and walked out, I looked at Jas he said if I don't go out there and tell mom I love her I'll regret it. I ran outside and mom is driving down the driveway, I called for her and ran down the driveway mom stopped the car.

She got out of the car, and I told her I do love her, she just has to give me some time, I still hurt, she said she understands, I did hug her she got back in the car and drove away. I walked up the driveway crying, Jas is standing in the doorway he said we're both the same stubborn as fuck, but at least we're talking. I hugged him and said I love mom and I cried in Jaspers arms.