Chapter 7

We had just arrived at Luciano's office, and as of today I would be working for him I was his secretary, I was thankful I wouldn't be left at home doing nothing, but I was so nervous. Suddenly I feel Luciano's hand let go of mine as he walks up to a group of men to talk to, one of them being the blonde man I saw earlier this week.

A blonde woman came up to me in her tight black skirt and her white button-up shirt which embraced her body in the perfect way to show all her curves."sorry no strangers are allowed in this building" she said while rolling her eyes. His eyes trail over to mine, almost as if he knew what was happening all along and I quickly turn around, holding onto my glass of water tightly as I feel his burning gaze on me."Oh, I'm not a stranger sweetie" I smiled at her before Matteo walked over to me.

."Watch your mouth slut" he spoke which made my eyes widen. She gasped "Do you know who I am." her sassy voice rang in my ears" I don't care who you are, this is the fiancé of Mr. Sanotoro and you disrespecting her is disrespecting the Italian mafia, understood?" Matteo says. She nodded before hurriedly disappearing.

I smiled at Matteo, "Woahh that was a little aggressive Mr.Matteo" he lightly shoved me "Oh shush" he said before walking away 

I felt a mixture of respect and embarrassment as Matteo left, leaving me to handle the last of the lingering looks and whispers. Although his protective reaction had been violent, it was also a clear reminder of the friendship and loyalty that represented our mafia family.

With a deep breath, I tried to regain my composure and engage in polite conversation with the men that Luciano was with. I was determined to end my first day of work on a good note.

Luciano, and the man who held the fate of the rich neighboring company in his hands, approached me with a gentle smile. His eyes, a mix of warmth and concern, met mine. "Isabella, are you alright? I saw what happened."

I nodded, placing a reassuring hand on his arm. "I'm fine, Luciano. It's just... sometimes unnecessary attention makes me uncomfortable."

Luciano pulled me close, his protective nature showing. "I understand, my love. But remember, we are a family, and I'll make sure that woman never steps foot in here again."

I knew he was right, but I couldn't shake the unease that had settled within me. I looked around the room, the guests now engrossed in their conversations, the incident quickly fading into the background.

I went over some financial records, running my fingertips over the figures and numbers. With his brow furrowed in concentration, Luciano was buried in a number of reports and messages on the opposite side of the desk. Soft, natural light filled the area, providing a sense of calmness among the stressful tasks at hand.

The sound of his voice broke the silence, his tone thoughtful. "Isabella, what are your thoughts on the upcoming ball of the michellies?"

I couldn't hide my surprise. "A ball? That sounds like an interesting change of pace for us, considering our usual events were mostly business deals.

Luciano nodded, his voice tinged with excitement. " it's an opportunity to meet with important figures and make connections that could benefit our company. But it's also a chance for us to enjoy a night off from the usual day we have." I considered his words, understanding the significance of such an event for our standing in the city. 

He chuckled softly, "How would you like to accompany me to this ball?" I paused from what I was doing and looked up.

 "Where are the flowers?" I asked in a sarcastic tone but then he actually got up from his chair and left.

I was still trying to process what happened when he came back with a bouquet of roses. My eyes lit up in surprise and delight as the bouquet of flowers was placed before me." is that a yes?" he said with a cheeky smile on his face.

******************

shorter chapter cause I have no ideas thank you to whoever read this i really appreciate it as this is my first and only time trying to write something this long

ANY IDEAS???