Chapter 8

The day of the ball had finally arrived, and I was filled with a mix of anticipation and nervous excitement. Luciano and I had spent the morning together, talking about the ball and who was gonna be there, but now it was time to get ready for the grand event.

As I stood before the full-length mirror in our bedroom, my reflection stared back at me, my heart racing. I had chosen a stunning, floor-length gown of midnight blue(think of a quinceanera; dress), its fabric flowing down to the floor. The bodice was embroidered with delicate silver thread, creating an enchanting pattern that caught the light just right. It was a dress that made me feel like a queen.

Luciano leaned on the doorway with a look of admiration in his eyes, I turned to him, a soft smile gracing my lips. "Thank you, for buying this dress it's the most beautiful dress I've ever worn."

As I continued to prepare, I carefully styled my hair, settling for an elegant updo that showcased the graceful curve of my neck. The faint scent of the perfume he had given me lingered in the air, a reminder of his thoughtful gift. My jewelry, a subtle combination of silver and sapphire, added a final touch of beauty.

Luciano approached me, his presence a comforting reminder that he was here. He held out a box, and when I opened it, I discovered a pair of exquisite sapphire earrings that perfectly matched my gown. "For you," he said with a tender smile, "to complete the outfit."

As the time approached for us to leave for the ball, I felt a mixture of excitement and nerves. Luciano's hand in mine, we descended the grand staircase of our home, where our loyal guards and chauffeur awaited us.

The moment I entered my eyes were wide open and I was in literal shock. I mean is this Mansion or what? It was huge, I mean it was more than 150 Acres. When I stepped in there was the most beautiful Chandelier I've ever seen, and in my opinion, it would be worth more than millions

This particular ball was thrown by Luciano's close friend and fearful mafia leader. He wanted to discuss some business with Luciano because from what I heard he had suffered a loss of 570 million dollars because his personal bodyguard Michael stabbed him in his back. After being with him everywhere and knowing all of his dealers, his secret places where he kept money and maybe drugs !?? Michael turned out to be backstabbing him for the Russian Mafia. Michael turns out to be an ally of the Russian Mafia.

"Well hello and who might you be," a random guy around 6'2 with dark hair and pretty eyes said while kissing my hand. I awkwardly smiled before turning to Luciano." she's my wife Adam back off." he spoke in a threatening tone. The man shrugged his shoulders and let out a laugh "Well that's a shame that she's your wife, I think she would've been the perfect partner for me."

I walked away while the two threw empty threats at each other, I finally came out for some fresh Air. I needed it badly. I was admiring the view of the garden when suddenly someone wrapped their arms around my waist and I froze almost instantly, I was about to pull out the hidden knife from under my dress but someone finally spoke, "Calm down Amore it's me."

Suddenly I felt all my nerves slip away, and I smiled gently enjoying the peace and quiet." the wedding is in 2 days Bella" he suddenly broke the silence.

I turned around to look at him "I know." I mumbled, I didn't mind the wedding, It was who was going to be at the wedding. My father, was the last person I wanted to see on my special day, knowing him he would do everything in his power to ruin it for me.

"We should head back inside," I said gently and turned around to head to the door." he's not invited" my head snapped back towards him. How did he know what I was thinking I swear this guy is some mind-reading Damon Salvatore.

****************

As we headed back inside the grand hall everyone had picked out their partners and started slow-dancing. Luciano approached me and extended his hand, I gladly accepted it. The two of us moved to the center of the ballroom, finding a pocket of space among the twirling couples. The music shifted to a gentle waltz, and our bodies began to sway in harmony as if we had danced together their whole lives.

The world around us seemed to fade into the background, and Luciano's gaze was locked on mine. My cheeks flushed with a rosy blush as he pulled me closer, his hand resting gently on my waist. The strong scent of his perfume filled my senses, and the touch of his hand felt like an electric current, coursing through my veins.

I just didn't want this night to end.

A/N:heyy short chapter but i was literally going to scream when I saw that people read my book like It genuinely made me so happy and It may not be the best book but I'm really happy people are reading it :)

here's the dress btw