Serendell

The early morning mist clung to the forest, casting an ethereal glow over the camp as Ryker and Caerus emerged from their tents. They had been on the move for days, traveling through dense woods and rough terrain, their only means of transport being the trusty motorcycle Ryker had crafted with his own hands. But as Ryker approached the vehicle, he felt a knot of worry tightening in his stomach.

The motorcycle had been a labor of love, a masterpiece of artifice and engineering that he had spent countless hours perfecting. It had served them well on their journey so far, but he knew that traveling through the rugged wilderness had taken its toll on the machine.

Ryker frowned as he inspected the motorcycle, his keen eyes searching for any signs of trouble. He could hear the engine ticking, a sound that made his heart sink. It meant that something wasn't right, and he cursed himself for not double-checking every component before setting out on their journey.

He tapped a few parts with his wrench, hoping to identify the source of the problem. The engine sputtered and shook, its mechanical heartbeat erratic. Ryker's hands moved with practiced precision, adjusting the tension, and making quick calculations in his mind.

But just as they crested the top of a small hill, the motorcycle's engine gave out completely, and it came to a shuddering stop. Ryker let out a frustrated sigh, his worry turning into a mix of irritation and disappointment.

"Caerus, hold on a moment," Ryker called out to his friend, who was getting off the pillion seat behind Ryker. "Looks like we've hit a bit of a snag with the bike."

Caerus turned – concern etched on his face. "Is something wrong?" he asked.

Ryker nodded his expression determined. "Yeah, it seems like I either measured something incorrectly or didn't tension the engine parts enough," he admitted. "But don't worry, I can fix it. It might take some time, though."

Caerus approached, placing a reassuring hand on Ryker's shoulder. "Take all the time you need," he said. "We're in no rush, and I have faith in your abilities."

Ryker smiled gratefully at his friend's support. With renewed determination, he set to work, disassembling the engine, and carefully examining each part. The cold air nipped at his fingers, but he hardly noticed as he focused on the task at hand.

Ryker unrolled his leather-bound set of tools on the ground, various spanners, wrenches, vice grips, screwdrivers, and hammers lined the tool kit. Caerus's eyes wandered to a strange tool Ryker pulled out from a separate bag. It was a spiral drill attached to a pistol-like grip with a glowing gem.

"What's that Ryker?" Caerus asked inquisitively.

"This?" Ryker lifted the tool, "This is a pneumatic drill. It's a gift from Ximena."

"What does it do?"

Ryker grinned. "This pneumatic drill uses compressed air from this wind crystal." He then pointed at the glowing crystal. "Inside the pneumatic drill, there is a mechanism that converts the high-pressure compressed air into a rapid back-and-forth motion with a piston and a cylinder arrangement. The piston is driven by compressed air and moves back and forth rapidly within the cylinder. The movement of the piston is what generates the mechanical force needed to operate the drill. And... You're not listening are you?"

"Huh?" Caerus shook off his reverie, "Sorry Ryker, I know I was the one who asked but I don't understand a word your saying."

"Right..." Ryker awkwardly returned to his tools. His feelings hurt.

"But it's amazing you understand all of this." Caerus said, his tone apologetic, "You'll have to forgive me for not being a great conversationalist, but I do hope you'll teach me about this sometime."