Breaking In [Dust/Dream] {Requested}

CW/TW - Mentions of going to/being in prison, mental health mentions, mentions of previous crimes, breaking and entering

human AU

enjoy <3

——💙🏹💙——

Tired. Dust was tired.

Although this time, he actually had a reason to be. More often than not, Dust was tired for no apparent reason.

Life was slow, he felt exhausted all the time, and he could never get to sleep at a proper hour. His boyfriend would call it depression. He would call it...also depression. He could articulate a reason for his tiredness, and it wasn't due to a poor sleep schedule.

It wasn't even really a physical feeling, more like a gnawing in his chest. An annoyance, one that slowly got more and more intense until it bubbled over into a vile chagrin.

It wasn't fair. It wasn't fair!

Out of everyone, Dust deserved to be there! He was tired of being shut out for his criminal record. He wasn't there to commit some awful act, he just wanted to watch his boyfriend compete damnit! Sure, he could watch the competitions on the TV (that's what he's actually been doing) but it wasn't the same as seeing it in person.

Hearing the creaking as the arrows were pulled back, the wizzing of them flying through the air, the gentle 'thunks' as they reach their target. It didn't feel as real when watching it on the TV.

He had watched the TV so many times, and he had seen loved ones cradle and hug and kiss their archer after a win. He was jealous, and he was not afraid to admit that.

There was nothing more that he wanted then to be able to cheer when his lover hit the bullseye or gold or whatever. He was tired of the TV switching to different competitors and hosts, he just wanted to stare at his boyfriend the whole time.

Watching his body tense and loosen, sweat dripping down his face, imaging the arrows hitting their enemies...ooh, it sounded heavenly.

But oh no! He was stuck at home watching it on some stupid screen! He couldn't even be helpful and drive his boyfriend back after a long day of shooting arrows as he didn't have his driver's license! He couldn't even get a drivers license due to his stupid criminal record!

Dust collapsed onto his side, sprawling out on the couch. He pulled his hood over his head, burying his face into the cushions. It had been a solid few years since he was last arrested.

That had to count for something, right? What were they so worried about? As much as he might've wanted to, he wouldn't ever harm another competitor.

Sure, he wanted his boyfriend to win as much as the next guy, but his boyfriend with his morals and shit wouldn't let him do anything that was borderline cheater-ish. It was admirable. His lover would rather lose a thousand times instead of cheating.

The couch cushions cradled his body, and he wheezed trying to get up. God, he could use a nap. A small one wouldn't hurt, right? He grabbed his hood once more and pulled it over his face, keeping the natural light out of his eyes.

It was a nice morning, cold, but not too cold, with a nice breeze as well. Last night had been a rough one, and he had been out of bed for most of the night doing other things. If Dust had to guess, Dream was likely on his morning run before heading out to his competition. He'd wake up in time to watch it on the TV, much to his frustration. He could take a thirty minute nap. He totally could.

Don't test him.

A hand awfully familiar to him reached into his hood and began to gently scratch at the back of his head. Dust perked up, body shivering as Dream ran his hand down the side of his face as he sat up on the couch.