Runaway Princess [Nightmare x Blue]

Okay so.

I wanted to write about some lesbians so that's what I did.

Nightmare is addressed as "King Nightmare" despite being female. I find it kinda, really, super, badass when females take the usually male titles.

-💙-🖤-👑-🖤-💙-

Blue's feet hit the ground, her bare feet leaving barely visible footprints. She was panting, how long had she been running? It felt like forever. Her brown hair flying behind her, it was probably collecting leaves but she didn't care. She needed to get away.

She pushed branches and plants, letting them swing back. The trees began to thicken, the sky slowly becoming less visible. Her pace began to slow, becoming a walk. She glanced around, finally taking in her surroundings. It was dark, very dark. She didn't think that the sun went down that fast.

It was sundown when she left, had she been running for that long?

"Cold..." the cold bit at her arms and her feet. It wasn't windy, thank god. She continued to walk forward, trying her hardest to walk in one direction.

The cold had hit.

Blue began to shiver, clutching her arms, trying to conserve as much heat as possible. Her dress is blowing slightly, indicating that there was a small wind, Blue prayed that it wouldn't get any windier.

She continued to look down, focusing on stopping her chattering teeth. She looked up to get a quick check of her surroundings, she saw something unexpected.

A castle.

'A castle, in the middle of this forest? How weird.'

Blue looks at the massive thing, it was like a monastery but bigger, much bigger. The bricks were faded but the outside plants were nice and kept.

'Do people still live here? I hope not.'
Blue stumbled forward, leaning against the door.

She was getting desperate, the cold was almost unbearable. It was biting at her feet, cheeks, and hands. She hoped that the person living here wouldn't mind, or notice her.

She pushed on the door with all of her remaining strength. The door was huge, almost four times the size that she was. It was almost a miracle that she could open it. She stepped in, the warmth of the castle filled her senses.

It almost stung.

She pressed her body weight against the door, closing it. For such a large door, it almost made no sound.

She heard it, a fire. The simple sound of the fire crackling was enough to send a wave of fear and hope through her.

She really didn't want to be caught, knowing if they knew who she was, she would be immediately sent back to Dream and Ink. But at the same time, she knew that she would not be on the verge of death.

Following the sound, Blue soon entered a large room, large windows coating most of the walls, which let in the pale moonlight.

It had a couple of game tables, bookshelves, other things for entertainment, and most importantly, a lit fireplace.

The fireplace had a couple comfy looking couches circling them, pillows scattered around.

Blue darted into the room and landed on her knees right in front of the fire. She set a nearby log on top of the burning one, to make sure the fire would last longer.

She knew what she was doing, Ink was the one who taught her.

She sat near the fire, letting it warm her. Even after she wasn't freezing anymore, she still continued to sit by the fire, watching it burn. She sighed and stood up, adding one more log to the fire.