Chapter 02

Rosie pov :

Flashback

2 years ago - 12 November - USA : 11PM

"Matt ! Hurry up, we're gonna be late !"

"Lovely little Rosie... It's a club. You can't be late to a club."

Matt says leaving the bathroom and going into his room.

"I don't want to come home too late, so please Matthew, hurry up."

"It's okay sister, be fun for a second will ya."

I rolled my eyes and concluded.

"Knowing that you've forced me to come with you to this club, you could at least not keep me waiting..."

My brother's finally ready to go, we left his apartment and headed to the club.

Once in front of the little building cover of magenta neon, Matt and I entered the club named "Firework".

Inside the music is loud, it's some music that I can't name.

Matt leads me to the bar and I sit next to him.

"You see. Your friend's not even here yet. You stress for nothing little sista."

"It's not because Lisa is always late that I have to be too."

I see him rolls his eyes with a bored smile and taking my hand in its own as he says :

"Just... just have fun tonight okay. You keep working everytime, you deserve to enjoy music when it's not about work. Go dance !"

I turn to the dance floor, which is just a bunch of people pushing each other.

"Yeah, well... no I'm fine thanks."

"Rosie... seriously, you should enjoy it while your career just began, and while being in another country is enough for not being recognized by people."

"Don't be like that..."

"You, don't be like that. Go dance and have fun."

Seeing the look on my brother face I laugh before answering :

"Yes, I will. Once Lisa's here."

"Okay. Deal."

With a victorious feeling he let go of my hand before ordering a drink.

15 minutes later Lisa arrived, and 5 minutes later we are already pushed on the dance floor by my brother.

After half an hour dancing and trying to keep a conversation while being hit by every elbow in the room. Lisa points behind my back and says :

"Well, now I understand why your brother was so insistent for us to dance."

I turn to see him, noticing that he is still sitting at the bar, talking to a dark-haired woman.

"Seriously this dude."

"Don't be surprised Rosie."

She genuinely laughs before finishing :

"He's a big flirt. He always was."

I simply nod and Lisa adds :

"Do you remember your birthday, I think it was your 18th."

"Oh you mean when my brother tried to flirt with every friend of mine ?"

We both laugh at the memory.

Several minutes later, I saw Lisa taking her phone out of her pocket.

She checked her message and by her apologizetic eyes I understand :