Chapter 24

Jisoo pov :

Tonight was fun, James Corden was cool and his questions were interesting. I even got the opportunity to see Rosé shocked on national American tv.

I'm about to send a message to my girlfriend asking her to come to my room when I notice a text from Alice :

"As a part of the international promotion Blackpink is invited to a dinner event in LA, there will be a lot of other celebrities. It's an event that happens every month, it is to promote the musical or cinema artist's new upcoming work. After dinner you will have a fast interview with at least 10 journalists, they will have 1 minute each to ask you their questions. It's basically a promotional stage, where there are more journalists than celebrities."

Too many people, too many cameras... I'm already feeling exhausted.

"Jisoo, are you ready ?"

"I'm coming."

I open my hotel room door and I'm pleased by the beautiful view of a white dressed Rosé.

I clear my dried throat and Lisa find it funny to says :

"Stop eyes fucking each other, we're going to be late."

My stylist gets out of my room at the same moment and looks at the thaï girl with a confused expression.

We get into our respective cars, and after a 20-minute drive, we arrive on site.

Our staff open the door for us and we step together on the photo spot.

Indeed, Alice wasn't lying, that's a lot of journalists.

The place is very pretty, spacious and well decorated.

The dinner is happening in a very big park, several tables are set in the middle of the park.

"No way, Roseanne Park !"

We all turned to the unknown voice.

I notice Rosé widening her eyes.

"Soojoo ! Oh my god how are you ?"

They share a hug and the new girl answers :

"I'm great, but what are you doing here ?"

"I'm here for a concert actually."

"Really ? I wish I had known sooner, I would have bought a ticket for sure !"

My girlfriend laughs and I'm not sure I appreciate this interaction.

"Soojoo, this is Jisoo, Jennie and Lisa, my group members. Girls, this is Soojoo, an old friend."

We politely shake hands and Jennie asks:

"How did you two meet ?"

"I'm a model, Rosé and I have worked a couple times together and we always ended up running into each other durings events in Korea so we got closer."

Closer ?

I side eye Rosé and she seems to be aware of it as she tenses up and clears her throat.

"It's been such a long time."

"Yeah it's been 2 years since my last visit to Korea, I'm starting to miss it, even more now."

Excuse me ? Rosé smiles and the model continues :

"I heard that Blackpink is very popular. Well it's not surprising knowing that you are all famous soloists but it's still very impressive."

Soojoo looks at me from head to toe (is she checking me out ?!) but Rosé doesn't notice it as she says with a bright smile :