Chapter 27

Jisoo pov :

I somehow managed to drive four hours without causing an accident.

I'm not saying that because I'm a terrible driver, in fact I'm not, I'm just saying that because I was almost driving in autopilot as I barely can remember any moment on the road.

All my thoughts were on Rosé, the same conclusion kept coming back over and over : I need to distance myself.

Not too much, just a little.

Just enough to be back in reality. This current reality, beautiful as it is, has a weak point : me.

Sometimes when I'm with her I don't recognize myself, I love the person I am around her but it's not me, not entirely.

I need to put some distance to keep my mind clear, just an inch.

I get out of my car and head to my hotel room.

I have ten minutes to get ready and five to go on set to be taken in charge by the staff.

Fine, I'm fine. Not late at all...

The next ten days have passed relatively quickly.

Just a few more days and my work in Busan will be done.

Unfortunately the end rush didn't allow me to call Rosé as often as before.

We were lucky if we could talk during the day ; most of the time we could only phone each other every other day.

"Jisoo."

"Yes ?"

My manager got my attention.

"You're going to be back in Seoul in three days, Mr.Soo-wan has scheduled a meeting with you to talk about this new drama, he wants your opinion."

"Okay, thanks Sung-Hoon."

He starts to walk passed me and turns around, adding :

"Oh, and for Thursday you have to be ready at 7pm, your car will come to pick you up ten minutes later."

"Thursday ?"

"Yeah, for 'The Rue'."

How could I forget, this is almost the only thing Rosé is talking about these days.

She seems so nervous about presenting her new song for the first time and I can't even reassure her saying that the song is great because she refuses to let me hear it before everyone else.

So all I can do is just assure her that I'm sure she's going to be great but that doesn't seem enough to ease her...

I know she puts her real and sincere emotions in her songs, I understand that it could be very disappointing for her if her songs aren't loved by the public (which by the way never happens) but I never saw her this nervous.

And that makes me nervous too.

Monday.

I never loved Monday as much as now.

I can finally rest.

I had some days off after shooting the drama for weeks and Rosé had some days off to prepare herself for 'The Rue'.

We spent Tuesday doing nothing other than cuddling, watching tv and eating snacks.

It's now 7pm, The Rue's ceremony is happening tomorrow.