Chapter 16

Rosé pov :

Oh.

I wasn't expecting that.

I turn off the tv.

I wasn't aware of half of Jisoo's story, I only knew the big lines, like big big lines.

I knew that she was a part of this 'Diamond Quarter' along with Ethan, Sully and Joon but I didn't know they were this close. I heard that she was devastated when they died but I didn't– I didn't realize how much.

I definitely regret certain things I told her.

I definitely understand certain things better too, such as why she was so hurt by my words the last night of the 'Riptide Camp', I didn't understand back then what I had said to her that could have made her leave the room to sleep on a chair... I do now.

It's bad. I said a lot of things.

I didn't know.

Shit, I hate feeling this sorry toward her.

She should have told me when I said hurtful things, I didn't mean it.

Damn that's bad, I knew her reputation but not her story, and so I just... hate her for who I thought she was ?

A playgirl, without values or principles, no respect, selfish and egocentric

...

Turns out she was who I thought, or at least a part of her is like that, the one she shows to me is like that.

She just was more, she was what I never thought she'd be.

She was more.

I feel so confused.

It's such an important side of Jisoo. Such an important part of Jisoo's life, and I had no idea.

Well, why am I feeling like this, there is nothing more normal, we're not friends, we're not close, why would I know her life ?

Of course she's more than what people think of her, of what I think of her but...

Damn I don't know anymore, I don't want to pity her but, why am I feeling this sad for her.

I really don't know her after all.

She grew up in America, I knew.

Her father left, I didn't know.

She and Ethan had been best friends since childhood, I didn't know.

She had a career in America, I didn't know.

Her mother was sick, I didn't know.

The Diamond Quartet was more than a name given to four successful soloists, it was a name given to four people who had found family in each other, I didn't know.

She lost everyone, I knew.

Jennie saved her, I didn't know.

I was horrible to her. I know I was.

But she wasn't impassive, she was terrible to me too.

But she wasn't weak, fragile or broken.

She wasn't like she was on the tv a moment ago.

On the tv, tears were falling.