First Blade

イントロアーク

残虐行為

~

願い事をしました

~

↪I saw it coming.

It only made sense that this long line of original demon slayers wasn't included in the story since they were dead before it took place.

My family, the Shinoyama's, were a reclusive demon slaying family that lived in the peaks of Mt. Kankawa. Raku was retired, despite only being in his forties, and Ruko wasn't allowed to be a slayer. Roko was the eldest, and should be the head of the house instead of Raku, but when their parent's learned he was sterile and couldn't have children, they made Raku the next successor. Ruko had a daughter, but she died at birth along with his wife.

Riku was set to be the next head of the house.

If only they hadn't all died.

It was a rather cloudy night, and the entire Shinoyama family was home, even the Megane's were all there at the same time. Yasaki has a sister, Saruki, who helped around the infirmary. She was a kakushi, apart of the corps, but she was home since she had accompanied Riku on his way home from a mission. 

It wasn't a special event or anything, but the house staff decided to make a feast for everyone, as a notion of thanks for protecting them.

Raku and Ruko pulled the sticks out of their asses for once, drank some sake, and relaxed. Riku, who was of marriable age, flirted shamelessly with Saruki, who blushed furiously the whole time. Yasaki came a few close calls to murdering Riku, but Roko, Tadashi, and I restrained him from doing so. Tadashi and I snickered at the tipsy adults before us as we kept moving thins out of their grasp and watch them get upset over physics.

It was so relaxing, that I hadn't even considered the possibility of us ever being attacked that night.

We were all heading to our rooms when it happened.

Tadashi and I had asked Raku if we could stay up, already knowing he'd dismiss us with a 'sure whatever', thanks to the alcohol in his system. He and I ran laughing down the halls, thanking him as we set off towards the ponds.

Saruki was the first one to notice the demon.

I just wish I knew how bad everything was about to turn.

~

"No, get your own."

"What?! This is my house! You got that from my kitchen!"

"Then you should've grabbed something when I did."

"I thought you got them for both of us!"

I pouted, my cheeks puffed with air irritably as Tadashi ate mochi in my face. It was pistachio mochi too, my favorite. There had been some leftover from dinner, and he'd swiped them on our way to the ponds, which was sat on the edge of, our feet dipped in the water.

"You look ugly when you frown like that." Tadashi stated, not even looking at me.

"Oh shut up! I'm not the one who drools in their sleep!"

"Please, that's not nearly as ugly."

"You're right. What's uglier is when you spent that day over eating rice and then I had to help you barf-"