二十

Slight spoilers, read at your own risk~

First Blade

イントロアーク

ハシラ

~

参加しましょう、そうすれば勝ちます

~

↪It was obvious someone had a little crush.

Hinaki hovered around me and Masachika in the infirmary when I went to check on him.

I grinned slyly at her, but she always flushed and looked away.

Masachika was cute, and very kind. So I could see why Hinaki was crushing on him. He was polite to everyone who helped and served him while he was injured. Sanemi wasn't nearly as aggressive as he appeared in the original plot of Demon Slayer, and that was fine with me because I didn't feel like getting yelled at right now.

Currently, I was kneeling in between Shinjuro and Yasu in front of Kagaya, who was holding a white and gray haori.

"(Y/n) has fulfilled much past the requirement of becoming a Hashira, you two would agree with this, correct?" Kagaya asked Shinjuro and Yasu.

Yasu and Shinjuro both wordlessly nodded. Yasu sent me a look that was almost proud, and Shinjuro was quite visibly proud of me.

"Then Rumi (Y/n) Shinoyama will be my first Hashira, and take the ranking as the Hashira named the D-"

"Lady (Y/n)!"

Karaki came soaring down before spreading her wings and bowing.

"Please forgive my interruption!" She said hastily. "But Kosaki and Haru Kocho have been killed."

I grit my teeth, anger flooding my veins. Shinjuro's face melted into one of sorrow and anger, and Yasu growled, punching the ground slightly.

"Slayer Gyomei Himejima arrived in time to save their daughters, but they did not make it. They arrived ten minutes ago." Karaki said breathlessly.

Huh. Originally, Kanae and Shinobu stayed with Gyomei for a couple of days, begging him to help them become Demon Slayers, and he refused. So why would he bring them here?

"Thank you, Karaki." I said, walking up to Kagaya to accept my new haori.

Although it was white and gray, like my eyes, it had deep dark gray slashes going over in certain angles, kind of like paint strokes. It was pretty.

"Thank you for your gift, Kagaya." I said, pecking him on the cheek. "It's lovely. I believe you have other slayers to meet with, so I will allow you all to meet with him. I'll go see Gyomei and the girls."

He touched his cheek, nodding almost dazed as I slipped the haori on and hurried off, waving at Yasu and Shinjuro before departing.

Kanae was already supposed to be training, and probably be a Hashira right now, but I delayed that by constantly visiting them and killing any demons that got too close. But due to my constant traveling, I wasn't there to prevent that, death.

Konji came flying down and deposited two letters into my hands. One from Sakonji, another from Jigoro.

I opened Sakonji's first.