First Blade

イントロアーク

回復

~

星たちはあなたの願いを聞きました

~

↪Tadashi was okay.

I got to see him almost a month later of begging Kosaki and Haru repetitively.

They kept telling me 'not just yet' since he wasn't allowed in the infirmary, and I couldn't leave it since I was still injured. When my fractures had healed and the breaks were almost there I had turned to Shinjuro, who I learned couldn't say 'no' to me when I begged, and I got to see Tadashi.

The names of Kanae and Shinobu's parents were never mentioned in the anime or manga, but they had introduced themselves to me the day I woke up as Kosaki and Haru Kocho. I could see Kanae got more of her gentle and patient personality from her father, and Shinobu got more of her firm and blunt one from her mother.

Although . . . . I was confused. Apparently, Kanae and Shinobu only joined the corps when their parents were killed in front of them. It was never said whether or not their parents had been members of the corps before that or not. 

Tadashi was quiet. His face lit up when he saw me, and he immediately asked if I was okay. I was a little startled that he spoke, considering that Nezuko didn't, but these were different situations. Muzan changed Nezuko, and Kokushibo changed Tadashi. Speaking of, when did that happen?

I thought back to when Tadashi might've been given blood from Kokushibo, and I realized with horror, that it was my fault. When I had slashed Kokushibo's eyes, his blood got on Tadashi, who had open wounds.

I don't want to sound like Tanjiro but I will turn you back Tadashi. Tanjiro wants to save his sister, but I owe that to you since I did this to you in the first place.

"Rumi . . . what happened to me?" Tadashi asked quietly.

I winced.

Shinjuro had explained that Tadashi must've turned because he got demon blood in his body somehow. I already knew that, but it didn't make the cut any more shallow.

"That demon that killed our family . . . some of his blood got on your wounds." I said slowly. "And it changed you . . . into a demon as well."

Tadashi's face told me he already knew that, he just wanted confirmation. But that didn't make his face any less stricken. He was feeling his teeth with his fingers, and picking at his claws that regenerated each time he broke them.

"But your dad's alive." I said, catching his hands. "He did lose an arm, but he'll live. He hasn't woken up though . . . "

Tadashi nodded.

Shinjuro was watching from the corner of the room, still too nervous to leave me alone with Tadashi, but we were all interrupted as a crow flew into the room from down the hall window. They'd been keeping him in a windowless room, and made sure that a slayer was always posted at the door. I was annoyed they were treating him like a prisoner, but I also couldn't blame them.

"Caw! Master Ubuyashiki calls for Rumi Shinoyama! Caw! Come to the Meeting House at once!"

My heart stopped as I went pale, and Shinjuro chuckled.

"Don't be scared, Master Ubuyashiki is quite kind." He said standing and waving me to follow him.

"I'll be back!" I whispered to Tadashi before trotting after Shinjuro.