First Blade

イントロアーク

初日

~

私の不幸を終わらせてください

~

↪Shinjuro was secretly evil.

"I know damn well this ain't apart of the training."

"Of course it is."

Shinjuro was lounging in a cart I was pulling through the village while we went shopping. 

It's been a month since Tadashi and I came to the Rengoku residence. Summer was almost over and we were halfway through August. Kanae's birthday was August twenty-fifth if I remembered right, so Kosaki would be due soon. 

"Take a left here."

"Huh? But Ruka said to get the fish last."

"I know. We're going to the cloth store."

I frowned but obeyed, taking a left instead of a right. I was getting more and more familiar with the village by the passing day. I could easily go in the village on late nights or early mornings when Ruka got pregnancy cravings.

I slowed down where Shinjuro said to, and pulled the cart over.

"What's this, Rengoku-san? Are you injured?" A lady nearby asked.

"No. It's a training regiment for her. This is Rumi." Shinjuro said, climbing out of the cart. "She'll be staying with me and Ruka for a while."

I bowed.

"My name is Rumi Shinoyama. It's a pleasure to meet you ma'am."

"Oh my! Such good manners!"

I stuck my tongue out at Shinjuro who rolled his eyes.

"Careful, she's a witch in disguise." He informed the lady.

"Shut-" I restrained myself. "Why are you so mean to me Sensei?"

Shinjuro rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Because. Come on Rumi."

I bowed to the lady before trotting after Shinjuro, who had disappeared into the store. I caught up to him after he had stopped at the counter where a dark haired male smiled at him.

"Greetings Rengoku-sama. I hope you and Ruka are well?" The man asked. "Is she in need of more cloth?" 

"Thank you for the concern, we're doing just fine. In fact, we're here for this one today."

Shinjuro laced both of his hands gently on my shoulders and guided me forward before I was trampled. Other patrons milled bout, chatting over orders, selecting bundles of cloths, and examining designs and patterns.

"Oh! Hello there."

The man had finally noticed me, and his eyes raked me up and down, probably mentally noting my measurements. His eyes lingered on my biceps and waist, and his head titled slightly.

He's got a keen eye. He's noticed how unusually built I am for a kid.

"She'll need flexible cloth, perfect for movement and work. Just her size will do, we'll come back if she needs something bigger."

I blinked when I realized what was going on.

"Wait, what? I don't need clothes."

Shinjuro gave me a skeptical glance.