First Blade

イントロアーク

プライバシー

~

あなたはうるさい

~

↪It was kind of endearing.

"Little boy Roko, you're really starting to get on my nerves."

"You don't need to touch her to listen to her!"

Douma kept pulling me into his lap no matter how many times I subtly crawled out of it, and it Tadashi looked ready to flay him.

I explained the answer to Douma's first question already. I recounted the events of that night, noticing how Tadashi flinched subtly at some parts, and explained my family's research on demons. Tadashi couldn't confirm nor deny this information, since he only ever worked in the infirmary, and didn't know much more about my family other than the fact that they were slayers.

"And how did you know that man's name?" Douma had asked when he tugged me into his lap yet again.

"It's impossible to be a demon slayer and not know the name of the king of demons." I scoffed.

"Fair." He murmured.

"Plus, you really think I wouldn't have know even if I wasn't? I still come from a long line of slayers." I said absentmindedly.

It's kind of unfair how the Shinoyama family died before the original plot-line of Demon Slayer takes place. Riku was only Hinoto Rank, but still held his own against Kokushibo for a while. That proves something. Kyojuro, as lovable and amazing as he will be, will become a Hashira and perish after a decent fight with Akaza. If Riku had been given better training, and more time, he could've gotten a whole lot stronger. The Corps would've stood a better chance with the Shinoyama family alive.

I hadn't heard what Tadashi and Douma had been talking about while I zoned out, but I heard me name a few times and blinked back to the present.

"-just a child. She'd rather be with me."

"You're a grown ass man! Back off-"

"Watch your mouth Tadashi. You really think I couldn't hear either of your real names previously?"

I blinked at a red-flushed Tadashi and a smirking Douma who turned to me with a wide smile.

"Look! I had my first argument and won! Aren't you proud of me (Y/n)-chan?"

I blinked before giving Douma a smile and patting his arm.

"Super proud. Great job."

Douma stuck his tongue out at Tadashi who snarled and stalked away, pacing angrily around the room.

~

The hour came and went, and the sun was up. Douma holed himself up in his hotel room, but waited by the door to send us off.

Who would've thought . . . one of the Upper Moons wants me dead and I just practically had a sleepover with the another.

"One more thing."

Tadashi was settled safely in the crate on my back, and I was geared up and ready to go, sword on my hip, and bag restocked.

I gave Douma my full attention as he crouched before me.