十六

First Blade

イントロアーク

ヘビ

~

ねえ、もしかしたらそうじゃない?

~

↪It was very unfair.

Kagaya had messaged me apologies about needing me everywhere, since more and more slayers were falling daily.

I had always wondered why Kagaya was okay when only five slayers passed Final Selection in the timeline, but it was obviously because more and more people couldn't.

"Shinjuro-"

"First, no, second, also no, and third, still no."

Two days after I received Kagaya's orders of where to meet Shinjuro, we were now in a crowded village looking for any signs of Douma or his cult.

I had come in contact with Eternal Paradise only once after I met Douma, and he wasn't with them the second time.

The second-in-command male, Omonari, recognized me from when we first me, and fawned over how much Douma appreciated and learned from the wisdom I had offered in out time together. Then he sent a messenger to Douma before I could stop him and I high-tailed it out of the entire district.

It was night now, and Tadashi had offered to scout the edge of the village and any inns for any signs of them.

Now, I was currently begging Shinjuro for an arm wrestling match.

I was bored and tired of winning against Tadashi, who I was pretty sure always let me win, so I wanted a real challenge.

"But daaaaaad-"

"If you're gonna mock me, I'm definitely going to say no." Shinjuro said, flicking my forehead.

But just as he couldn't say no to me as a child, he still couldn't say no to me now.

"Fine. Let's get this over with."

A few people took notice of the grown man and little girl facing one another across a table as the linking hands and grinned at each other.

"Three."

"Two."

"One-"

Both of us immediately tenses and I was disappointed when I felt a weak amount of pressure against me hand when Shinjuro attempted to shove my hand away. I nearly laughed at his annoyed face once my hand didn't start to move.

"Come on Shinjuro, you of all people should know who's trained me." I smiled.

"Yeah, I also know what a sore loser you can be-"

I nearly slammed his arm down on the table when I flexed my arm as hard as I could in annoyance.

"Old men are so annoying-"

"You little brat-"

That got him going. Now Shinjuro was starting to actually try, and I grit my teeth as I was faced against the strength of my superior.

"You may not be the weak little girl I trained anymore, but you're still no match for me." Shinjuro grinned, pushing harder against my hand.

"Suck it, old man, you're getting old and it's showing." I bit out, gripping the table as my arm was fully lashed with tension resisting Shinjuro's onslaught of strength.