Chapter: 2

Vivian Flammery.
.
.
.
.

My day is just suck. First, I overslept, and now this customer is making me do his coffee again.

"Here you go, sir'' I give him the coffee and blueberry muffins that he ordered.
That rude ass didn't even thank me; he just took it and ignored me, like I didn't exist.

God, give me enough power not to kick his ass, I thought, and start taking the other customers orders.

My name is Vivian Mia Flammery, and I work at Treat & Sweet, a bakery where you can come and eat different treats with coffee. I am 24, and I have working  here from past two years with my best friend Melody Harper.

We also live in the same apartment. We are best friends since we were in high school, she always had my back. I grew up in an orphanage until I was 18; after that, I stayed at her parents hoise with her. They are great people and treat me like I am their own child.

My parents died in a car accident when I was just six. I was in the same car, but I survived.

They say your memory starts to blur with time, but that accident is imprinted in my mind. I still had nightmare about it, and after I wake up from that nightmare, I can't sleep no matter what.

I wanted to become a doctor, but unfortunately I don't have enough money and had to drop out of medical  college you year ago. That's how I started working here.

"Good afternoon, mam. What can I get you?" I smile and ask the lady who is standing in front of the counter. She is well dressed and smiles back.

"Hye, can I get a double espresso with a chocolate cupcake?
''Of course, mam, your order will be up in a moment''

After giving her an order, I take the money, wish her a good day, and singh. This is my everyday life, the same told and boring.

''Someone didn't have a good night's sleep, even though you are late today for work.'' I didn't even have to turn around to know who it was.

''And someone didn't come home last night; did you have fun in the club?'' I reply without even looking at her. I heard her laughing.
''Of course I had; I met this hot man in the club. And let me tell you, He.Is. Amazing in every way if you know what I mean'' I look at her, and she winks towards me.

''Okay, okay, I don't need to know that many details,'' I laugh. I put my hands up.

''You should have come, you know. Next time you are coming with me, or I swear, I will drag you by your hairs'' I just shake my head and agree with her, or, god knows, she will do as she says. I look at the time and see that it's my break time.

''Hey, Moly, it's my break time. I am going out for launch, cover for me here'' I said as I started to remove my apron.
''aye aye caption'' She replies as I walk into the staff room and go out from the back door.

As always, New York is a busy city. People here don't have time for each other and mind their own business. I was craving some street food today.
I know this hotdog stall is near by, so start walking there. After I reached there, I took my hotdog and sat on the bench. When I was finished, I started walking again. I feel someone tagging my clothes. When I look down, there's the cutest little girl holding on to my clothes.

There is no denying it. She was the cutest little girl I ever saw.

''Are you an angel? '' She asked, looking at me with her big, innocent eyes.
I chuckle and kneel down on one knee.
''No, but why do you ask that?'' I ask in my softest tone.

''because I need one to help me, and you look like one'' She said with a little pout, and I noticed she seemed a little scared.

''Of course, darling, I will help. Are you lost?" She nodded with tears in her eyes.
''I want daddy'' I pull her close to me and wipe her tears.

''Oh my god, come here. I will help you find him. What is your name? '' I ask her.
''I am Daisy'' she said in a sweet video.
''Hye Daisy, I am Vivian, and we will find your daddy. Ok, now don't cry, sweetheart'' She is scared, but she starts to smile.

'' Okay, can I call you Vivi? '' I laugh, stand up, and give her my hand.
'' Of course, and I am going to call you my little angel. Come, let me find your daddy, but first, how about I buy you some water and ice cream, then we go find you, daddy'' Her face lit up when she heard me say ice cream. She hold my hand, and start walking with me back to the bakery.

''So do you have a number or something that can help me find your dad?'' I ask her. She is holding my hand tightly, like she would get lose again if she let go, and looking everywhere. I buy her the ice cream, and we start walking towards the bakery.

She gave me a card with a name and number on it from her pocket. It's black with gold cursive writing.
''Gabriel Armstrong'' I read out the name while we were walking back to the bakery I called the number, but no one answered. I tried again, but it go on a voicemail. After the third time, someone picked up.

''Hello'' I said, but no one replied. I checked if the call was still connected, and yes, it is.
''Hello... sir, are you there? Can you hear me?''  I ask again.
''Yes, who am I talking to?" The person on the other end replied. The person voice is so deep and strong that I almost gasped. I don't know if I ever feel this attractive toward someone's voice. But I want this little angel to go back to her parents.

''Sorry to disturb you, sir, but here is a little girl who tells me that she lost. I found your number in her pocket. Do you know her, sir'' I am proud of myself for not starting to shutter.

He asked me to give the phone to Daisy. They talk for a few minutes, and after that, she gives me the phone back.
''Hello'' I said...again.
''Where are you? Send me the address and stay there till I get there.'' He said it in an angry voice and hung up. Rude much, I thought, but send the address of Bakery because my break time is almost over.

''Okey, little Angel Your daddy is coming for you. let go.''

We reach there in two minutes, and after that, I make her sit on the counter and start working. Moldy rashes her brow in question when she sees Daisy holding my hand.

''I will tell you later'' I just say that because we have to work, there are few customers here.
While I was taking orders, Daisy was sitting there and smiling towards the customers, and they all seemed to like her. Who doesn't,  she's such a cute and beautiful girl?
I give her chocolate banana pudding, and she seems to like it.

After a while, the door opened, and I heard Daisy yell in joy.
''Daddy.'' I look at her first and then follow where she looking at. My eyes got wide, and I gasped. There was a man standing there. And, oh my god, he looks...

---------------------------

Hello, dear reader. I hope you like it, and if you do, please hit the like button and tell me in a comment what you think about it. As I told you in class, this is my first time writing something, so if I make any grammar mistakes, point them out. (Until then, bye bye.)😘😘