Chapter: 14

Hello, my lovely readers. Before I begin the chapter, I want to thanks evey single one of you for their support me and wishing me luck for my exam in both comments And my private inbox. You all have been very patient and understanding during this time. So Thank you so much for this. ♥️♥️

Vivian Flammery.
.
.
.
.

Like yesterday, when I open my eyes, I wake up in the same room, but this time I feel happy, not secret.

And just like yesterday, I find Daisy sleeping beside me. Her little hands are holding my arm; she is looking peaceful in her sleep.

She much have sneak in when I fell asleep last night.

I pick up my phone to see the time; it's just 5:30. It's very early, but I can't fall back to sleep.

Gabriel had given me my phone yesterday before leaving for work; apparently Phile had taken it when I left it on the bar counter that night.

Daisy's hands became tighter around my arm, and when I looked at her, she had a deep frown on her face and let out a little whimper.

Is she having a bad dream?

I turn on my side to face her; her hand leaves mine. I pull her close to me, and she puts her hand around me and burys her face into my neck. I start stroking the back of her head.

''It's okay, sweetheart, I am here.'' I whispered in her ears. Soon enough, she settles down and falls back to peaceful sleep. I keep stroking her hair until my own eyes start feeling heavy, and I fall asleep again.

I start to wake up again when I feel like someone is stroking my hair. At first, I thought I was dreaming, but it feels so nice to be dreaming, so I open my eyes.

Standing in front of me is none other than Gabriel, in all his glory, and just like yesterday, he is not wearing any shirt.

Was he watching me sleeping?

The thought of someone watching me while I sleep should creep me out, but then, Gabriel...if that makes sense.

''Good morning.'' I whispered for some reason.

''è adesso che vedo il tuo viso.'' His voice is raspy, and I felt my stomach tighten and a shiver run down my body when I heard him speaking in Italian.

(It is now that I see your face.)

It looks like someone has a new kink. My subconscious said it playfully.

Shut up. I scowl myself.

Yep, definitely going crazy now, talking to myself.

''You are lost in your head, Bellissima.''

I feel his fingers on my cheek. I am still lying on my back when he is leaning over me.

''I am sorry.'' I was embarrassed when I realized that he had been talking to me all this time.

''Don't be; I want to do it too.''

''Lost in your head?'' I ask.

''No lost in yours.'' There is his sweet word again. It's not the word, but the way he said it while looking deep into my eyes, like he could see my soul.

''What are you doing here?'' I ask in hope of changing the subject. It is too soon for me to handle both his sweet words and his naked body.

''It's 8 a.m.; it's time for her to wake up for school.'' He nodded toward Daisy.

I totally forgot she was sleeping beside me, even though she was clenching to me like Koala.

Of course, you forget; you are busy ogling her father. My subconscious teases me.