Chapter:22

Vivian Flammery.
.
.
.
.

I look at the clock that was hanging on the living room wall, and it is almost 2 o'clock, and Gabriel is not home. I am waiting for him to come back so I can talk to him. I walk back and forth in the living room as I wait for him.

I am determinant about talking to him this time and making everything alright, and I am not going to back off this time. I look at the clock one more time, and it says 2:12 a.m. He had been late before because of the new project launch, but never this late, and I am starting to get worried now, like really worried.

Come on, Gabriel, where are you?

I was only wearing my satin pj's short and top with rob on which is tied to my waist tightly.

I walk out into the foyer and wait for him there. I don't know why, but there is this uneasiness inside my heart that keeps bothering me.

"Please be okay." I whispered.

I look up at the stairs to the front door when I hear a car coming, and I can't stop the smile that comes on my face.

Finally. I thought and turned to the main door, and I saw his silhouette in the dimly lit foyer. I was about to step forward when I saw blood on his shoulder and gasped loudly.

"Oh, my god, Gabriel." I said loudly, and started to walk toward him fast, automatically, without my knowing it. When I stop in front of him, my eyes become wide as I see more blood coming from his hairline and a cut on his lower lip. I can see shock in his eyes as he stands like a statue in front of me.

"Jesus Christ, Gabriel, what happened?" I said, and I can't help it; it's like my hands have their own mind as my hands reach out to touch him and cup his face between them.

He closes his eyes as I touch his face, frantically checking if he hurt anywhere else. I don't know how I am controlling my tears when seeing him like that hurts me.

I feel like killing someone. Which surprises me since I am not a violent person and try to avoid it as much as possible.

"Come with me." I said this as I removed my hands from his face. He opened his eyes as I grabbed his hand and started walking, dragging him upstairs behind me, and he let me, following me without saying anything.

He suddenly stopped when we reached the third floor, making me stop and turn to him to see why he stopped.

"Gabriel?" I called out as I looked into his eyes, but his eyes turned cold again. I try to ignore it and pull his hand for him to start walking again, but he doesn't move from his place.

"Ms. Flammery, don't you think you shouldn't touch your boss like that? It's not very professional." He said it coldly and pulled his hand away from mine.