Chapter:12

Vivian Flammery.

.
.
.
.

Darkness.

It's everywhere.

I don't know how long I have been standing in darkness.

It's not cold or warm here.

As far as I can see, I saw only darkness. I was walking around here for hours, and all I was feeling was alone. That's all I have been feeling since I don't know for how long.

I remember everything being normal, and then suddenly, everything changed.

I screamed and cried, screamed for help, and prayed for someone to come and take me away from here, and it was heard too. A voice answered, telling me it was all going to be alright and that I was safe.

I know that voice. I heard it before, but where I can't find it, it's frustrating.

I sign and look around once more-nothing but darkness. I sit down there and hide my face between my knees.

Suddenly, I heard something, and I looked up. In front of me stood a man. I can tell he is drunk; I can smell the alcohol from here

He is looking at me with a smirk on his face; it's scary and ugly. He took a step toward me, and with his every step, I took one back.

"Come on, darling, you should have taken my offer when you had a chance, but since you refused, I have to take you my own way."

"Stay away from me!" I yell, but he just laughs and starts walking faster toward me.

Suddenly, my body became frozen. I can't move, no matter how many times I try. He is in front of me. Touch me. I tried to scream, but no voice came out of my mouth.

All I can do is cry. I hate it. I hate the feeling of helplessness. I can't move. It's like I am paralyzed.

Suddenly, there was no one touching me, and I opened my eyes, which I didn't even know I had close.

A different man was standing in front of me, but his presence didn't scare me; surprisingly, it calmed me down.

He was standing so close that I could feel his breath on my face. I was looking into blue eyes deeper than the ocean itself, and I became lost in them.

He took his hand and ran it on my whole arm, from the palm of my hand to my shoulder on my neck, and rested it on my face till it swallowed my whole cheek.

His hands are big and strong, but at the same time, they are so gentle and carrying that I didn't want him to remove them, so I leaned in them and closed my eyes. He steps closer, so I can feel his whole body on mine.

The warmth of his body is calming, and it consumes me like a shred of safety.

He brought his other hand up and did the same; let it rest on the back of my neck. I open my eyes when he touches his forehead with mine and let it stay there; we are both lost in each other's eyes.

"You are not going to be alone ever again, Bellissima. I will take care of you, protect you, and love you with all I have."

I feel like I should know who he is; I had seen these eyes before, but I couldn't tell where.