Chapter:27

Vivian Flammery.
.
.
.
.

"No way, are you living here all this time?" Moly said so as soon as I opened the door for her. Two security guards are behind her to see if it is alright for her to enter the house.

"Moly!" I hugged her and let her in.

"Viv, this place is so amazing; you are one lucky girl." She said that, and I laughed.

"Come on, I just work here." I said that and pulled back from the hug.

"And bang the boss, I know," she said teasingly. We heard the throat clear and looked behind Moly to see the guards were still there.

"Ma'am, if it's all, then can we go back?" Shit, I almost forgot they were there. 

They had all heard what she just said.

Jesus, this woman is crazy.

"Yes, yes. I am sorry, please, you can go." I said I was embarrassed. 

Gabriel had been true to his words, like always, and doubled the security around the mansion. Marcus and one other man had introduced me to all of them; he had given them my phone number and told them to contact me before letting anyone into the house.

"So do you and your hot boss solve the issues between you two?" She said this as we walked toward the kitchen.

"More like me because I was the one who created them in the first place." I sigh and shake my head at how stupid I have been.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes. Now tell me what happened."

We were sitting at the kitchen counter when I told her everything, from when he came home, we talked and how he had asked me to be his girlfriend the next day.

Of course, I left out the part where he was bleeding and that he was the fucking mafia boss. I mean, don't get me wrong, I knew she was my best friend, and we always shared everything, but it was not my secret, and I didn't want to tell her without asking Gabriel first.

"Of course I know you are his girlfriend; by now the whole of New York knows, if not the world." She said it, making me frown.

"What do you mean?" I ask in confusion.

"Girl, did you not see it?" She asks, and the shock is clear on her face.

"See what?" I ask.

"Damn, you are really clueless. Let me show you." She came and stood by my side with her phone in her hand.

"You made the news look like you were on the front pages of new papers and magazines." She showed me the photo of the new paper. It was from yesterday's party when Gabriel and I walked out of the car. His hand was around my waist, while the other hand was in his pocket. We both are smiling—me in the camera, and he is looking at me.

The second photo was from a magazine; it was taken when we walked out of the venue hall. He was holding me up in his arms—bridal style—and with my heels in his hand. My face was resting on his chest, and my eyes were close.

I remember I was so tired, but I was trying to stay put, but Gabriel noticed it, and after finding out my feet were hurting because of the new shoes, he didn't waste a second and took them off himself, scolding me the whole time. Why didn't I tell him before, and why even did I have to wear such high heels?

There are more photos of us dancing and talking to his parents and business partners on the online news website.

We look happy.

All the headlines are pretty much the same.

'Gabriel Armstrong is dating again? Who is the mysterious beauty?