Chapter:28

Vivian Flammery.
.
.
.
.

I turn around to see Hannah watching the building pass through the car window with curiosity and interest that make me wonder how her life must really be in that place if such mundane things as watching the building through the window could make her this amazed.

After spending hours counseling her and making her believe that I am not going to hurt her, she finally started to trust me, and after I told her that Gabriel was not going to hurt her either, only then did she let him in the same room as her, only as long as Daisy and I were there.

We are currently sitting in the car while Gabriel is driving, and I am sitting in the front seat while Hannah and Daisy are in the back.

Gabriel and I decided to take her home with us, or should I say I decided to take her home, and he agreed with me, though he doubted it at first, whether it was a good idea or not, but I convinced him at last.

I had a feeling that if we left her alone there all by herself, it was not going to do any good for her mental health. So we will take her home with us, and I will try to see if I can get her to talk to me.

Though we had to cancel our dinner plan because we didn't want to overwhelm her, we decided to take takeout on our way home since I felt too tired to cook.

Gabriel turned the car into Domino's parking lot.

It was dark in the parking lot with only a dim light. As soon as the car stopped, the light in the car switched on.

''So what do you girls want to eat?'' He asks and looks back toward Daisy and Hannah.

"Cheeseburger and pizza." Daisy answered him with excitement.

"How about you, Hannah?" I ask, and she doesn't answer. She just looks down at her lap, where her fingers are intertwined with each other.

''How do chicken wings sound?'' Gabriel asked. She looked up and nodded before looking back down.

She is still nervous in Gabriel's presence.

Gabriel turned to me; he had a smile on his face, and I could understand. She was scared of himself just a few hours ago—she still is, but not as much as before—but now she at least answers his question without shivering in fear.

''And what does my Bellissima want to eat tonight?'' He asks me.

''A pizza will be fine with me,'' I said.

''What toppings do you want on it?''

''Anything will be alright as long as there is no pineapple on it.'' I said that and made a disgusting face, causing Gabriel to laugh.

''Good to know that or my helf Italian soul would be traumatized by the thought that I had to spend my whole life with the woman who loves pineapple on her pizza.'' He said this, scrunching his nose playfully.

''Well, good thing I don't like pineapple on pizza then, but what if I would have liked it?'' I said that and shook my head.

"Nothing; I just had to bear with it and walk out of the room whenever you eat it." He sighed and shook his head, but I could see he was trying to hide his smile. I hit his arm.

He chuckled and unbuckled his seat belt before leaning down, kissing me on the lips, and walking out of the car.

''I would be right back with the food,'' he said before closing the door.

''Mommy, give me your phone.'' Daisy asks, and I turn to her.

''Daisy What do you say when you ask for something from someone?'' I ask.