8. Work

Taehyung's POV

It has been a week since I have been married and not once had a decent sleep at night. That's why, it's 5am in morning and I am in kitchen preparing breakfast as I have nothing to do and Jungkook told me yesterday that he has to resume his work from today itself. Not like it's only him who has to do that. Even my leave ended and today is the first day I will visit the hospital where I got transferred from my previous one in my old pack. But because I came to know about this at night, I still haven't told Jungkook about this.

"Wow....you are not sleep walking are you?" I turned startled hearing his voice from behind me as I didn't even sensed his presence due to my own thoughts clouding my mind. Taking in his presence I didn't understood what he was doing up so early. "Why are you so early today?" "Today? I wake up early everyday...it's you who sleeps till 7." Right, I don't come out of my room before 7, no wonder never saw him this early before. He is wearing sweats and sneakers which only give me one guess. "You are going for a run?" 

His face twisted into horror hearing my words as if I talked about something forbidden. "Run? Outside? In cold? You....you are alright up there? I am going in the vacant room for exercising. This body doesn't stay in shape with steak and butter." He overexplained while pointing towards his body which people might think must be covered in at least two to three layers considering how buff it looks but I know beneath the clothes he really has a build body. I can tell because the said body once trapped me like a deer. Wolf or not, he has the strength in him that even most alphas with wolf don't have.

"It's cold...stop stripping me with your eyes." Though arrogance is filled in his veins instead of blood. "It's monday....stop being a clown this early." I retorted as I pointed my spatula at him which reminded me of the rice I was cooking. I quickly turned around and stirred the pot, ignoring the foot steps walking towards me until he was standing right beside me. I will choke on his cologne someday. "You wan-oh! I remembered something. Yesterday I got the notice that I need to join my work as a neurosurgeon in the Seung Hospital from today onwards." I didn't look at him as I spoke, all the while he stood beside me. I don't know how he will resp-

"How will you go there? I mean...it's like half an hour away. When do you have to go? I can drop you-" "No, no...that's fine. Moreover you need to leave early and I am set to leave like....an hour later so..." I quickly rambled out as I tried to make him understand. He will leave at 8 while I will leave at 9, the difference is of an hour so I can't let him drop me. He still didn't look convinced which made me turn towards him completely to explain it to him.

"I will take a cab....it's only half an hour away." "Or, you can take my car and I will take a cab...? Because, sometimes you don't get the cab on time and...-" I could understand that he was worried about me and it was really sweet how he was giving me his car while he will use a cab but I can't use something I have no idea about. 

"Jungkook." "Taehyung."  He mimicked my tone but it struck me that it was the first time he took my name, or I never heard him before. It sound good from his lips, not like a curse or pitiable. Just, Taehyung. "Yah! You lil omega are you even listening!" I nodded frantically as I kept the spatula aside as I might poke him in eyes by mistake. "I am! But...you...you can't expect me to drive something I don't know how to!!"

As I spoke up, an awkward silence settled between us when he kept staring at me with a shocked face. I waited for him to say something but he kept staring until I felt something burning. "Huh? wha-Omo!!" Pushing him aside I stirred up the pot before it all gets burned. You don't ruin my food.

"Y-you can't drive?" "Yeah...just how you can cook." I turned back to him and dusted his shoulder with a lip tight before pushing him back so I can take the bowl. "But...that's basic survival skill!!" He exclaimed with horror facing me. I can't believe this alpha. "Basic survival skill? You brute! Cooking is the basic survival! If you are left alone you will eat what....cars? You know what? Drive cars from now on when you feel hungry!" With that I turned away to wash the pot leaving him to rethink his decision.