4. Reception

Taehyung's POV

This pack gets weirder and weirder. After our supposedly marriage that we settled at the pack house to avoid any attraction since we couldn't avoid it, we are meant to conduct a reception! A house warming party some sort of and invite our neighbors to announced our marriage so they will know the law is still mandatory, and their belief won't waver. 

"Stop staring at me, I know I have godly looks." I don't tell him that the reason I am looking at his face is because I want to smash it, no, instead I smile and let the words do their work. "Aren't you a self-made man, who worships his creator." The way his smile drains out, replacing a forced one made me feel a bit happy on the inside. Like hell I will be alone miserable in this. 

"Self-love is important, you wouldn't know that, will you?" Smile and speak. I whispered to myself internally and retorted. "What you seem to have is self-obsession. Just a step away from being a narcist. You egoistic bit-" 

"You two....are fighting?" My head snapped towards the woman from Jeon's family. Since, both of our families were here, they were at m-our house, for the most awaited reception that we need to conduct soon, by which I mean, tomorrow. "Mina...have I ever fought with someone? As much as an omega? You are tarnishing my image by such assumptions." I could only look at the liar's face who was making a face that could make any tough man melt and pity him. I can't believe he is lying through his teeth as if he wasn't the one who dragged me by leg to stop me from sticking my nameplate. 

"My son is right....Mina, do not say such things in front of my youngest son-in-law." Mrs. Jeon scolded before turning to me. "Ahh...he is a gentleman. Never have I ever seen him disrespecting ladies or omegas. He was known as the gentlest alpha back in our pack. Rest assured, he is a good man." My ears hurt hearing people sing his praises while he sits there, feigning shyness while side eying me every moment he gets. I swear I saw him smirking at me arrogantly.

"Umm.....I am his cousin brother....Kim seokJin. Though we are closer than real brothers." Hyung, don't do what they just did. "He is....a polite kid, self-dependent and hardworking. Though....he never really had any friends going up so...he thrives in solitude-"

"Omo! Yeobo, he is just like our Jungkook-ie! Our Jungkook-ie loves being alone too, in fact he also was never fond of other peoples presence as a kid for some reason, but when he grew up, it got better, still-" She couldn't complete when the so called gentleman jumped in between. "Eomma, let's not...do the revealing, hmm?" His expression looked a bit embarrassed which made me curious. "Why not? I should know about my husband...I want to know more about you." I muttered the last line with softness, batting my eyelashes prettily like a doll, trying to woo him in my charm as I have seen others do and tried myself too. It works.

Though maybe this time it didn't.

 He leaned close to me, a lip tight smile on his face making me snicker internally as he was trying really hard to hide his sneer from our family. "Hmm...you really want to know?" I opened my mouth to reply only to shut it as he pinched my chin, jutting it up towards him and leaned near my ears to whisper. "This trick won't work on me, my vicious lil thief. I have had people flocking around me like peacocks, this...doesn't faze me." 

"Eomma....I am really worried about them.....they both enjoy serenity and silence but it seems like they won't have any peace now. I pity them." My heard turned towards the woman sitting on the left of Mrs. Jeon, she must be the wife of eldest of Jeon brothers. The mockery in her voice was like glass melting in my ears though I couldn't guess, to whom it was pointed, me or Jeon. But since that brute is now my husband, disrespecting him would be disrespecting me. And I don't stay silent in such matters.

"Sometimes, we find peace and solitude in other person, but you might not know if you never been someone's peace or found your peace in someone." I didn't look away from her as she glared at me with her pretty turquoise doll like eyes, they contain flames in them. Sad for her, they aren't enough to melt the ice in mine. She jerked her head towards her husband who coughed then eyed Jungkook. Tell me he isn't a henpecked, please, I will kill myself before living in such family.