11. Family dinner

Jungkook's POV

After our quick ice cream treat we had to hurry as we were late already. I was done showering and was buttoning up my shirt when a knock was heard behind me. I don't remember closing the door so I turned around to find Taehyung standing there in a green satin shirt, tucked in a black jeans. Though he looked like he wants to say something. "You look like you are about to propose me." My words did changed his expression from nervous to annoyed. He sighed but still kept standing there. "Are you a vampire secretly who needs invitation to enter someone's room or home?" I asked again as I looked at myself in mirror, cuffing my white shirt before putting on my watch. 

Finally he walked in, standing a bit behind me as I put on my cologne before turning to him. "So...what's wrong?" Instead of replying he stared at my face for good 10 seconds before he decided to speak. "Look...I have never been married-" "You say like I am getting married every month." He gaped at my words before taking a deep breath then clasping his hands together. He looked up at me, blinking like a doll which means he is about to spit fire at me and he did. "Let me speak when I can...otherwise, I better not be held responsible for my actions. So, yeah. I don't know anything about your...'family dinner' where we are going. Hence, I have no idea what to wear, what's decent what not, like what if they want me to wear a hanbok! That's why, I want to ask...is this, fine?" 

All the time he blabbered I just went to my closet to choose a jacket for myself. Debating between duster jacket and top coat, I went with the pea jacket. Turning back to him when he was done speaking I nodded at him as there was nothing wrong with what he was wearing. "Wear whatever you want. Decent or not, I will see if anyone has any problem." I assured him while wearing my jacket before I took my car keys and phone. "You ready to go? Phone?" I asked him to which he waved his phone in his hand and his hand bag in another hand. 

"A handbag?" I questioned at his fashion which maybe ticked him off a lil. "Well, I am not shoving my wallet in my jeans when I am tucking my shirt in." Right. This is better. I nodded at him then walked out of my room, following him as we both rushed our way to downstairs. Why we decided to have a house with stairs in the first place? 

We were already late so without wasting any time I drove us straight to my parent's house which was like an hour away if I decided to be quick. And I have to be quick because it's dangerous to be out at night on road. I will run over someone but won't stop my car, I am sure of it. Beside me Taehyung was dozing in and out of sleep, he was sleepy, so was I but I can't sleep otherwise none of us will ever wake up. He had taken off his heels with now legs folded on his seat as he slept till we reach my parent's house.

Fortunately, without any mishap we finally arrived at the Jeon's villa. Even Taehyung woke up. He wore his heels back then turned to me. "We can't sleep in car?" The way he asked I almost gave in because I wish the same but sadly I had to say no. He nodded at me before getting out of the car then waited for me. I parked my car then walked to him, fixing my clothes to make sure I look presentable so they won't think I am a mess without them. I put my hand on Taehyung's back before guided him to the door step and rang the doorbell. 

The door opened almost instantly like they were waiting for us. It was Mina who opened the door. Her eyes raked over both of us before she moved away letting us in. "Good evening...eomma." Before I could wish, Taehyung did it as my mother hugged him, well-wishing for him while I waved at my father. My hyungs were not here so they must be up in their rooms. "My son...Jungkook-ah, I missed you my baby." I pecked her forehead lovingly before hugging her as she kept saying how much she missed me.

 "Ryun, call both of them for dinner, it's already late." Eomma ordered to her before turning back to us. "Your cousins are here too, Jungkook. Please...bear with them for today." My mood soured as she requested me for something I can't. My face must have given away my bitterness because I felt my omega tugging my coat. "Everything fine? You look...angry?" I sighed before looking at everyone as they all were busy with the dinner serving and pull him aside. I saw Mina looking at us but she doesn't count. 

"Jungkoo-" "My cousins are here....and I don't go well with them. To say it clearly for you, they are the type of men I won't want around you." I whispered to him but in response he took my palm in his own and looked up to me with a smile. "Then be around me. You are my alpha, my husband. I believe in you to keep me safe, and I know you will. Just remember, you are not alone. You have this vicious omega with you now." As he spoke, all I wished was to hug him tightly. He has no idea but he alone gives me strength and confidence to face others. Because, he makes me realize I have someone to protect, to keep someone safe from people that I couldn't save myself from. I wasn't able to protect me but I will protect him with my all.

We were standing away from others so my mother called us as by now everyone was at the table. Even those three human sized dicks. "Good evening everyone." Taehyung greeted politely before sitting on the chair I pulled for him, right beside me. "Good evening....Taehyung-ssi. My my, you are one beautiful omega." This was exactly what I feared. I looked up at Yeon who was grinning while toasting with his brother Suk like they achieved something from this. I suddenly felt Taehyung's hand on mine on the table as he passed me a reassuring smile before looking at them 

"Thank you...your brother is a lucky one then, isn't he?" He remarked while elegantly tucking his long hairs behind his hair as he glanced at my way. I chuckled at his tactics, loving the pissed face of Yeon who suddenly smiled again. "What about you then? Do you feel lucky to have an alpha without a wolf? I doubt if he is even an alpha." 

"Yeon!" My mother warned but it didn't affect him, never did. He kept grinning like an idiot which was making it hard for me to control and not break his face. "Ahn, eomma. Don't, let him be. Kids feel superior after belittling someone they are jealous of. And, to answer your question...I am the luckiest to have him as my alpha. Wolf or not, he is my husband and a man who knows his responsibilities and duties. Mind you, he is pretty good at what he does." He finished his words with a victory smile before winking at me like no one's present here. I am just rendered speechless by him but couldn't control the lil laughs leaving my lips. He is really brutal with words.

"Jungkook...the financial-" "Eomma, can you pass me the pepper?" Taehyung spoke up, cutting off Jun hyung's words though I know what he was about to say. I stared at my husband as he thanked to eomma before sprinkling the pepper in the bowl he prepared then shifted it to me taking me by surprise. "What? It wasn't spicy enough to match your taste so I just added some pepper." I think the whole family stopped what they were doing and stared at us. "But...none of us eat spicy. Not even Jungkook..oppa." Mina uttered, correcting her words as Taehyung turned to her. She learned her lesson. 

Taehyung looked at me then back at them, poor man is trapped, so am I. "Umm...I am cooking for him for two weeks now. He likes his food extra spicy and extra sweet." That's true. Though they don't know that, and that's the problem. "But...he never told us-" "Eomma...I was used to the food that was cooked for everyone and among seven people changing the taste for one doesn't sound right." Because I know she would've changed it and forced everyone to eat the same. My mother sighed and nodded, indulging back in her dinner just like everyone else.

We were soon done with the dinner and Taehyung insisted on helping my mother with the plates. It was around 10 pm and we had to return too since we don't have a day off tomorrow. I was sitting beside my appa, talking with him when I noticed Hyun, the third cousin a bit too concentrated at something. As he was sitting beside me, I found him looking in the direction of kitchen, staring at something, or someone. 

Someone's who's mine.

I stood up without wasting a second and went to kitchen, standing right behind Taehyung who was now helping eomma in arranging the plates. He felt my presence so he turned around looking at me with a confused stare. I thought of something before taking off my coat and hanging it around his shoulder. "Do not take it off or I am banging that bastard's head on the very wall behind him." I whispered as I pulled him by the coat making him release a small yelp. He nodded at me, still blinking his big doll eyes at me though this time due to surprise. 

"Aww look at you two not being able to be alone without each other for a moment. The sweetest pair!!" We both turned to my mother who was cooing at us so loudly that she invited half of the family in kitchen. My hands still tugging the coat with Taehyung between them, I faced them not knowing what to do. "Jungkook....are you hiding your omega?" Suk asked as he smirked at us making me want to drown him down the sink hole but instead, I wrapped my arms around my husband, pulling him by my side and replied. "Someone as precious and beautiful as my omega, he needs to be protected from evil eyes. That's what I am doing right now."

"Jungkook, it's too late now. Both you and Taehyung will stay here today, go back in morning."