Gills

"You two actually fought your actual evil counterparts from a parallel universe? And I thought that was just science fiction" Blu Tembo said.

"Yeah, but ours reformed and changed their costumes to look like good guys," Ladybug said.

"Yours was like a total badass but psycho like Harley Quinn?" Panthera looks at the photo on Cat Noir's phone staff.

"Yup, he didn't fear death or pain. That's like twice now that I cataclysm Monarch and my doppelgänger on the same night. But he was cured by the miraculous Ladybug cure" Cat Noir said.

"Whoa, he looks sexy...Ah! I mean Evil! Evil! Totally! Sorry, it's just his costume makes him look....." Panthera felt embarrassed.

"Goth punk?" Cat Noir guessed.

"Yeah. It's my taste in fashion, gatito. Badasses is sorta my thing when it comes to superheroes. Like you for example, with nine lives and landing on your feet like a badass cat. Agh! Me and my mind!" Panthera feels humiliated with herself again.

"I get it, amiga. I've seen the real you with purple makeup and fashion taste. I don't mind being called a badass cat" Cat Noir chuckled.

"It's a pity Gabi's good counterpart never managed to reform him," Ladybug said.

"That explains everything like the opposites. The good Monarch should've helped your evil Monarch to see the outcome" Blu Tembo said.

"But too late now. And as I can tell now, I'm getting the feeling we're getting closer" Ladybug said.

"It's a puerta. I mean door" Panthera said.

"And the locks are missing. The ones we found" Blu Tembo took out the half piece.

"Let's see if it works" Panthera took out hers and they both handed it to the Parisian heroes to do it since they are the professional superheroes.

"Let's do it" Cat Noir and Ladybug put them together.

Placing it on the lock as it opened up, revealing a watery whirlpool. Cat Noir dropped a rock to test how fast it goes down. It went down at full speed as if in a sink.

"No way I'm jumping in there. The pressure could damage our bodies" Blu Tembo said.

"And I thought elephants have thick skin" Cat Noir said.

"Of course they do but they don't swim in whirlpools in real life," Blu Tembo said.

"Muchachos" Panthera bravely jumped in and she got spun around below.

"PANTHERA!" Blu Tembo gasped seeing her disappear.

"Damn It!" Cat Noir jumps in too.

"Come on, Elephant man" Ladybug jumps in with Blu Tembo.

Strangely they kept going and going until they reached the bottom of a new underwater world. Blacking out from all the pressure in their bodies.

-

Eventually, they woke up and were surprised they were still underwater but breathing fine which they should have been drowning. They felt their necks hurt like something was mutating them.

"Agh! Tikki, spots off!" Ladybug was able to talk underwater and tried to feel what was in her neck and strangely it was gills to help her breathe underwater.

"We're merpeople" Cat Noir felt them too.

"Technically we have gills to breathe," Panthera said, amazed at how it feels to breathe underwater without the aqua suit.

"And we don't have a mermaid tail. Just our normal bodies" Blu Tembo said.

"Incredible" Marinette looks around.