Processing

Marinette and Adrien were still going through a lot of process of knowing each other's identities. Marinette was pretty much overreacting with how she constantly rejects Cat Noir's love for....well....himself behind the mask. But she felt worse for treating him badly with the trashcan. Adrien also felt bad for ignoring Ladybug's admiration during the time when he was Mister Bug again, Lady Noire was being clumsy with her impression.

"Adrien, it seems like we both messed up big time with each other, hurting each other badly and the last was me nearly killing you as Dark Bug," Marinette said.

Adrien raised a brow that she forgot to mention that she became overly geeky with the imposter Adrien by giving him the dog miraculous which resulted in losing all the miraculous in the first place when she should've offered Cat Noir's helping paw but never taken it.

"Not to mention my geekiness with you resulted in the loss of all miraculous by Felix and not letting you help. I'm such a horrible girlfriend!" Marinette broke down.

"No, it was also mine too when I relied on him by switching places with me. I tried so hard to listen when he told me to stop letting my father tell me everything what to do" Adrien held her hands.

"I'm still a horrible guardian. I never wanted to be in the first place" Marinette said.

"But it is, milady. Master Fu already guarded the miraculous all his life and he chose you to carry his place for it. We both chased Monarch in the time events and we met Fu in the past. He knew one day we would be the next new holders and he knew you were worthy to guard them" Adrien said.

"But for how long? When I'm 100 years old?" Marinette said.

"I'm a senti-being hybrid and who knows if I'm immortal too" Adrien admitted.

"You knew?!" Marinette exclaimed.

"Of course I knew, princess. I realized why I was being controlled too much by my father and I kept feeling this weird tingle in my body every time he forbids me from almost everything. When Nathalie wore the ring, she gave me a lot of confidence to let me do what I wanted" Adrien explained how he knew.

"That explains. Argos explained to me through the camera slideshow sentimonster. But given you both age, it's likely you're mortal" Marinette said.

"Yes. My mother told me the truth, even if she knew I wouldn't take it well but she said I'm more human by heart, not by how I am. And my father, I'll never forgive him for what he did to me. He thinks he tried to be a good father but he never tried hard enough. All he cares about is my obedience, that's what" Adrien breathes in to calm down.

"Gabi was more monster than human," Marinette said.

"Why did you let him grant that wish?" Adrien asked.

"I didn't! He used Venom to paralyze me when I tried to offer his hand. Tikki and Plagg tried to warn me that he couldn't be trusted and I let my guard down. I couldn't just arrest him if I had the chance, Adrien. If you knew he was Monarch, you would mentally go angry. I just wanted to protect you from knowing the truth!" Marinette hugged him dearly, feeling responsible for letting Gabriel grant that wish.

Adrien saw how broken Marinette was at that moment, "I'm sorry, I didn't know he would trick you"

"I'm only a fool, I'm too gullible and don't deserve forgiveness" Marinette sobs on his chest.

"Milady, I always constantly forgive you. I didn't give up or abandon you when you lost all the miraculous. Abandoning you would be selfish of me because we are Ladybug and Cat Noir. Stronger together, remember?" Adrien held her chin up.

Marinette still looked unsure, "But we got that liar on the loose still. And the risk she might discover our identities"

"She almost did but we had our friend Blu Tembo to erase her memories. She can't remember it. We are not the only ones in Paris with the miraculous, princess" Adrien said.